Old 05-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #11

Re: New Limo Bus Build

All the 960s (flxibles) drive decent. They all leak in the header area, and they're absolute dogs off the line. The gilligs really depend on the exact bus. I don't know which of those is being auctioned yet. As for the Orion 1s, they were already out of service when I started. Most complaints I've heard are about the wheelchair lift.
TheDrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1987
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: City Bird
Engine: DT570
Rated Cap: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoo
It is done alot in RVs, busses and Ive also seen it in limo busses. ... Epoxy grout has been mentioned and the grout that comes in a tube which I believe is essentially sanded colored caulking for the joints. They also make a membrane that isolates the floor and makes your tile floating so to speak. Im not far enough along to have done the research but if I beat you to it I'll let you know what I use.
When I ripped out the old tile out of JBIV, I used backerboard (used in wet areas in homes) screwed (SST screws) to the existig 3/4 subfloor. For the adhesive, I used a transportation-grade adhesive from the Bostik line of products: 2200TS. For the "grout" I used Bostik's 940FS. Before I used the 200TS, I tested it on a backerboard first with the tile I wanted to use. Let it cure, then tested how "easy" it was to remove the tile. It wouldn't come off with a crowbar. The bond between the tile and backerboard was stronger than the backboard itself. It is critical to use a good trowel to smooth the adhesive out for good contact. I used a 1/8" v-trowel I think.
skylinelimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:11 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

LED rope lighting is coming down in price but still kinda up there. I believe JBIV has incandescents and I want to replace them soon. The best price per linear foot that I've found recently @ $3.85/ft is at a limo supply house called www.mtgparts.com. They are one of two major suppliers to the limousine industry so they probably are first in line with volume discounts from the manufacturer. www.infiniteinnovations.com is the other supplier. Same price but worth to know if one or the other has it on backorder.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

In your original post, you mentioned color changing LED. There are color changing LEDs out there, but a color-changing fiber optic system will probably do you just fine, unless you are going for brightness. In which case, color changing LED strips are in order for an increase in price. I've been inside this "bus": http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/02/us-sta ... ide_2.html. It had color-changing LEDs in it (and they are impressive), but they are pricey.