Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
Almost There

Ready to go Coach

Hi

my journey started a few month ago when I started to look into conversion skoolies.

After reading tons of stuff, watching endless youtube videos and start to understand what it takes to do a conversion, I got enlightened

THIS IS NOT WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR..lol

I am now looking for what one member mentioned a while ago
he said: If he would have money he would go for a coach because he becomes jealous when those coaches flight by his Skoolie

So I took a good look and now this is my goal.
A coach, ready to go.

At the same time i leaned a lot about all kind of Coaches most are build for the public and are basically a coach Shelf with prefabricated interior, which is cheap and sold for lots of money, it looks shine and sterile IMHO I remember this with yachts and I did not like it very much, but thats me.

I am going to find the coach i think is right for me and for what I desire to do, its not easy, looking for the right one for a price i like to invest, but I have time and i have a feeling after the summer will be more options as they are now, ppl use their Bus and some might upgrade or retire from Bus Life and I hope this is my opportunity to find what I looking for.
All options are open.
Anybody has some suggestions, where i can find more.
please leave me a link so I can take a look
would be appreciated.

best to all

COACH me to find a Coach

good luck to all
and as soon I have found what i buy I will post again

meabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:30 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX
Engine: Cat C7
Rated Cap: 84 passenger
Go to Nashville. They have plenty of coaches for sale there.
CaptSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:27 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown, integral. (With 2kW of tiltable solar)
Chassis: Crown Supercoach II (rear engine)
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC, DDEC 2, Jake brake, Allison HT740
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR
If you want a Greyhound-type of long-distance intercity or tour bus, as opposed to a school bus, the Bus Conversion Magazine forum may be better for you. I'm a member there, and most of those members' buses are converted MCIs, Eagles, GMs and Prevosts - I think I'm the only regular contributor with a school bus! Most BCM members however have converted their own buses, but there are a few folk with professional conversions such as Marathon's or Country Coach's. They may be able to give you a better idea of pricing and availability, but they won't be cheap!

The type of buses in Nashville often are the so-called Entertainers. They aren't necessarily set up for individual recreational use (sometimes they have no kitchen or shower), so they may need to be partially gutted and reconverted. Another thing - a lot of those entertainer buses are used hard and put away wet: be very careful before buying one, because there may be serious issues resulting from lack of preventive maintenance and bodged repairs. Caveat emptor!

John
Iceni John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:34 PM   #4
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceni John View Post
If you want a Greyhound-type of long-distance intercity or tour bus, as opposed to a school bus, the Bus Conversion Magazine forum may be better for you. I'm a member there, and most of those members' buses are converted MCIs, Eagles, GMs and Prevosts - I think I'm the only regular contributor with a school bus! Most BCM members however have converted their own buses, but there are a few folk with professional conversions such as Marathon's or Country Coach's. They may be able to give you a better idea of pricing and availability, but they won't be cheap!

The type of buses in Nashville often are the so-called Entertainers. They aren't necessarily set up for individual recreational use (sometimes they have no kitchen or shower), so they may need to be partially gutted and reconverted. Another thing - a lot of those entertainer buses are used hard and put away wet: be very careful before buying one, because there may be serious issues resulting from lack of preventive maintenance and bodged repairs. Caveat emptor!

John

thanks for the advice, cant get enough off it
Old 06-28-2017, 09:34 AM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: MCI
Chassis: 102 EL3
Engine: DD 60
Might take a look at New & Used Buses for Sale from Las Vegas Bus Sales and their sister site Northwest Bus Sales: Used & New Buses for Sale.

They seem to run thru a good number of buses so the listings change fairly regularly.
JDOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:31 AM   #6
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDOnTheGo View Post
Might take a look at New & Used Buses for Sale from Las Vegas Bus Sales and their sister site Northwest Bus Sales: Used & New Buses for Sale.

They seem to run thru a good number of buses so the listings change fairly regularly.
JDOn thanks for your links appreciate it
Old 06-28-2017, 10:34 AM   #7
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceni John View Post

John
you right, entertainer bus are not what I am looking for, also they have huge amount of mileage most of the time and are worn out, but a few
Old 06-28-2017, 11:13 AM   #8
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: MCI
Chassis: 102 EL3
Engine: DD 60
Regarding mileage, it is difficult but one has to look at coach mileage kind of like the truckers do (NOT like we do with automobiles). Coaches are built for HUGE mileage. Obviously, some parts wear out and need replaced so I'm not suggesting that every part will last 3 million miles. However; a coach with a half a million miles is NOT worn out (well... typically).
JDOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:17 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
My 1980 Eagle 10 had almost a million miles on her when she found a new home. Still running strong.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote