Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 94
Coachwork: b/b
Chassis: tc2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
94 bluebird

do's anyone know what chassies and componeits they use on there bus's ,,is it a frightshaker or and internal or what ??? or do they have there own frame ,,it would be nice to know what i can interchange parts with.................

keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Hey Keith

Bus makers have very few body parts that are interchangeable. All the diesel modern engines can easily trade parts from a over the road tractor if the engines are made by the same maker. Your late model Blue Bird will be using a same as engine from a big rig. Take your bus to the place ya got bus and ask lots of questions. You can also go to a local school district and talk to their mechanics about your bus and engine, trans and rear axle. The information should be of good value for you. Give the nice man at least $15. Get his phone number as maybe he will help you later......... Frank
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Re: 94 bluebird

you see my 94 bluebird is a flat nose with a 5.9 cummins 545 allison 160 hp baby cummines ,,but i need to know who frame rails they are and what streening grear is unter a 94 bird ,,,i was woundering do they make there own frames,,,like the fire truck companys do like ,,e-one. just using other compones from diff companys ??????and allso who dash they use ??not seen any of that kind on the markit,,not internal or pete or kw...or chevy ?????

i also need a wireing dieagram for a 94-99 flat nose bird,,my dash has a short in it.every thing whent to ground...........oops
Old 01-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

I suspect our frame was an in house job. Can't find anything to tell us who made it. I think that Blue Bird in GA was making their chassis in house for a while.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/TORONTO/VIN/bluebird.html Blue Bird VIN decoder

http://www.vintagebirds.com/history3.htm Click on "A very special look at the Past" This is what I think of when I think of a Blue Bird Wander lodge. The new ones (no longer made by blue Bird) are ugly and look like all the other RV's on the road.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
Bus Nut

thanks for the info,,,been around with b/b about a wireing dieag,,,,,only back to 2002,so i guess srewed ,unless i can someonee who has one..our school dis use's thomas bus and have one bird,its a 93,but in 94 they change the dash,,,my bus only has 36.000 miles on it and they are ture miles....the bus is from alabama,but they long got rid of there books...for it