WTG, turf!
BusFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:50 PM   #12
Year: 1993
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: GMC
Rated Cap: 42
Good job Turf I hope it solves the problems you have been having with the transmission.
JA Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:01 AM   #13
Bus Nut
Year: 1993
Coachwork: bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins, Allison 545
Rated Cap: 2
the transmission cooler got its first real trial this last weekend with a camping trip with the atv in tow again.

the difference with the cooler was impressive. its the best money i've spent on the bus to date.

when i decided to install the cooler, i traveled Monarch pass which is on US-50. it's a 10 mile 6-7% grade. by the time i got to the top, the bus was reduced to barely making 5mph and lots of unusual noises coming from the transmission. the kinda thing that causes ulcers and/or hoping the tow truck is nearby so you not stuck too darn long.

i made the same trip this weekend over Monarch pass with a much better time. the cooler gives the truck noticeably more power. i did the same grade with the speedo never dropping below 30mph. the truck accelerated on downshifts, it had adequate power climbing, felt strong and changed my ulcer to a smile. no slipping, no noises..... just power to keep on going.

i wish i had done this sooner!!

i picked up 3 gallons of the TES295 fluid. i wanted to climb the pass first and see what the cooler did before i did a partial change of the fluid. but im going to drain and fill the with the good stuff and hope for the best.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1569.JPG (187.7 KB, 6 views)
Turfmobile Build Thread
turf is offline   Reply With Quote