Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-20-2015, 02:15 AM   #11
Site Team
 
crazycal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubla View Post
bet it is a crash box, no synchronizers, so you will be shifting slower and you will be changing the flywheel since the one for automatic transmissions is lighter and has no clutch surface

I think it is a synchro trans.
__________________
I'm hungry!

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 01:40 PM   #12
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Stony Plain Alberta Canada
Posts: 2,939
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingoffgrid View Post
Speaking of turning up power does anyone know a good injection pump shop that can rework the old mechanical pumps and nozzle?
Better to just go watch a few videos on you tube and do it yourself.

It's not hard.

Nat
__________________
"Don't argue with stupid people. They will just drag you down to their level, and beat you up with experience."

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:15 PM   #13
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: West Ohio
Posts: 623
Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubla View Post
bet it is a crash box, no synchronizers, so you will be shifting slower and you will be changing the flywheel since the one for automatic transmissions is lighter and has no clutch surface
I think the trans came both synchronized and not. You'll have to pull the top off to be sure.

I also thought that the DT series engines all came with flywheels, and if you wanted the auto an adapter plate was bolted to it to hold the torque converter. If so, All you'd have to do is a quick clean up and maybe a resurfacing and you'll be in business.
Booyah45828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:23 PM   #14
Site Team
 
crazycal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyah45828 View Post
I think the trans came both synchronized and not. You'll have to pull the top off to be sure.

I also thought that the DT series engines all came with flywheels, and if you wanted the auto an adapter plate was bolted to it to hold the torque converter. If so, All you'd have to do is a quick clean up and maybe a resurfacing and you'll be in business.

You must be wrong. Nothing in life is that easy. If this is true, that would be awesome.
__________________
I'm hungry!

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:01 PM   #15
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: West Ohio
Posts: 623
Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal View Post
You must be wrong. Nothing in life is that easy. If this is true, that would be awesome.
I very well could be.
I know one of the busses(1990 model I think) I looked at had a dt466 and an at545. Somehow the steel adapter between the flexplate and flywheel cracked and was making noise. He tried to fix it but lost interest half way through the project and tried to sell it as is. I'm almost positive what the adapter bolted to was a flywheel, it was thick like one, and had the a dozen or so holes around the perimeter. It was just really greasy/dirty so I couldn't tell if it ground like a flywheel should be.
Booyah45828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:10 PM   #16
Site Team
 
crazycal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyah45828 View Post
I very well could be.
I know one of the busses(1990 model I think) I looked at had a dt466 and an at545. Somehow the steel adapter between the flexplate and flywheel cracked and was making noise. He tried to fix it but lost interest half way through the project and tried to sell it as is. I'm almost positive what the adapter bolted to was a flywheel, it was thick like one, and had the a dozen or so holes around the perimeter. It was just really greasy/dirty so I couldn't tell if it ground like a flywheel should be.

We can only hope.
__________________
I'm hungry!

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.