Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2006, 02:18 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

air brake line weird ends cant seem to find

Hey got an 88 ward /international and the is an air brake line that goes in between some 3/8 ths tubing and cant seem to find some one that has the same thread/ brass end . I hear at the hardware store it s a industrial thread any one here such a thing . air line is about one foot // the metal line goes from pump to air can .. lots a blow off to air system dont want to tax it . going to atl next week to road atlanta . please help thanks Karl

racetearoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Air Brake fittings

The Heavy duty air brake world uses several style fittings. The fittings used are either, pipe, JIC, flare or compression. These fittings are most commonly found at a HD truck parts or repair shops. Many hydraulic shops that repair hydraulic hoses for large construction equiptment also have most fittings. Most modern HD trucks and buses use nylon air lines. This nylon tubing is nearly indestructable except for high temps. Look in your local Yellow Pages under hydraulic hoses. Afew well placed phone calls will save time and fuel. Frank
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:25 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

I have been to 5 different places .. international ... truck pros both in ocala florida ... ace hardware .. hydraulic hose places .. I am thinking of going to caterpillar tomorrow .. the next5 step would be to replace the whole line . thanks for the reply ... the next step might be to just replace the whole line . I am thinking of covering the hose with another hose and clamping the end s . It leaks but it might just cap it off
Old 04-23-2006, 01:55 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

I went and looked at the line again and decided to remove it from the air pump and from the air can. I took it down to napa and got some new fittings and I am just going to eliminate the old hose fittings and install the new "" generic fittings air line "" http://www.citrusguide.com/tropical3/