Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2017, 02:30 PM   #21
Almost There

Year: 2000
Coachwork: blue bird
Engine: international 3800 t444e 7.3L
thank you, i ended up going to Fastenal this morning and getting the loctite 545. this 50ml bottle was pricey but it was what they had in stock and im happy i got the right stuff.
using the tool i rented from international, the front seal install went well. im glad i didnt try to jimmyrig something; although it may have worked, the confidence having the right tool for the job gave me made the money for renting it feel well spent.

welcomehome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 03:01 PM   #22
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomehome View Post
... ended up going to Fastenal this morning and getting the loctite 545. this 50ml bottle was pricey but it was what they had in stock and im happy i got the right stuff.
Fastnal is convenient, but spendy. $17/delivered

Loctite 545 50 ml Part No 54531 | eBay
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:08 PM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: Cummins 8.3/Allison MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Keep that place Wilder's that I mentioned in mind if you ever need any obscure hardware (or anything hardware related) in the future. It's an old family owned place with a service counter in the front. You sit down at the counter and tell them what you need and they pull it from the warehouse.

I went in one time because I needed a huge nut to go on a hydraulic cylinder. It was about 1.75", if I remember correctly, and it was fine thread. I sat down and said "I'm not sure you're going to have what I need, but I figured if I could find it around here anywhere, it would be here." The guy proceeded to tell me that they have anything you need in stock up to an 8" diameter, anything over that has to be special ordered.
Rameses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:28 AM   #24
Almost There

Year: 2000
Coachwork: blue bird
Engine: international 3800 t444e 7.3L
finally got it all back together. i really was surprised that there wasnt readily available torque numbers i could find for every single nut; but i guess im supposed to figure it out based on the size of the nut and the material. but i did get that new flexplate on with 89ftlbs and loctite 545. ive found that most of the nuts around the bus dont go on with near as much force as i imagined. thank you
welcomehome is offline   Reply With Quote