Old 04-10-2009, 07:03 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 350 Chevy
Rated Cap: 15
Re: Bus wont start

A little update...i waited until it got nice to pull out that starter. After much cursing, i checked the solenoid (wires looked good....there was no way there wasnt any contact) and the motor looked kinda fried....the brushes looked worn out, but not completely....so im still not exactly sure what the problem was......Hopefully a new starter will make the difference.

New problem....the keys have disappeared....Gah!! Now i need a locksmith on top of this!
timecrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Re: Bus wont start

Quote:
Originally Posted by timecrash
A little update...i waited until it got nice to pull out that starter. After much cursing, i checked the solenoid (wires looked good....there was no way there wasnt any contact) and the motor looked kinda fried....the brushes looked worn out, but not completely....so im still not exactly sure what the problem was......Hopefully a new starter will make the difference.

New problem....the keys have disappeared....Gah!! Now i need a locksmith on top of this!
a locksmith? a bus doesn't even need a keyed ignition. why not just put an on/off switch on the dash for ignition, and a cool push button start switch? It would cost ya about 10 bucks.