Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2017, 06:35 PM   #21
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
I humbly disagree.

It is done legally all of the time. You cannot legally operate the modified vehicle on US public roads. Racing, export and ag usage is permitted.
Actually, WE are the only ones using the emissions stuff. The Military gets exemptions. Fire trucks and Police have gotten passes. They don't want those hoses and gizmos.

Times are a changing, however.

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:30 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
So you're selling the skoolies as off road use only? That loop hole is closing quickly. Especially since most ag stuff has to meet it now. As do generators, equipment, heck even lawnmowers have requirements now. Looks like you have the answers, best of luck with it.
Booyah45828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:05 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyah45828 View Post
So you're selling the skoolies as off road use only? That loop hole is closing quickly. Especially since most ag stuff has to meet it now. As do generators, equipment, heck even lawnmowers have requirements now. Looks like you have the answers, best of luck with it.
I can still buy a mower with a carb and no cat.
But you're right, tractors and equipment are now a lot more epa-strangled like their road-going counterparts.
I saw a new holland ad that touted that they still don't have DEF.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:26 PM   #24
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Engine: 8.3 Cummins, 643
Quote:
Legally? It can't be done.
Mexico? I doubt theycheck tail pipes....
Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:12 PM   #25
Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
Old 09-18-2017, 11:11 PM   #26
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown, integral. (With 2kW of tiltable solar)
Chassis: Crown Supercoach II (rear engine)
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC, DDEC 2, Jake brake, Allison HT740
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
In Mexico City all cars must have smog checks, just like here. There are also very few Diesel cars in Mexico generally, and none in the DF - maybe the Mexicans have known all the way along what the Europeans are now just realizing, that diesel cars produce significant pollution in cities. All the new buses in Mexico are late-model Scania, MAN, Mercedes and Volvo, and they all use the same emission-control devices as in their countries of origin. (Mexican long-distance bus services are so much better than anything here. How about a 45' double-deck MAN/Irizar with just 25 seats, separate men's and women's loos and a galley, and WiFi/computer screens at every seat? Greyhound has a LONG way to go before I'd want to use it again.)

John
Iceni John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:36 AM   #27
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Engine: 8.3 Cummins, 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceni John View Post
In Mexico City all cars must have smog checks, just like here. There are also very few Diesel cars in Mexico generally, and none in the DF - maybe the Mexicans have known all the way along what the Europeans are now just realizing, that diesel cars produce significant pollution in cities. All the new buses in Mexico are late-model Scania, MAN, Mercedes and Volvo, and they all use the same emission-control devices as in their countries of origin. (Mexican long-distance bus services are so much better than anything here. How about a 45' double-deck MAN/Irizar with just 25 seats, separate men's and women's loos and a galley, and WiFi/computer screens at every seat? Greyhound has a LONG way to go before I'd want to use it again.)

John
Learn something new every day thanks. I'm not sure where it would be legal then.
Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:43 AM   #28
Bus Nut

Quote:
Legally? It can't be done.
One time I was selling a early 80s 5.0 Mustang with with all the emissions off, a couple came to look at it. After a few minutes of looking at it the wife aggressive tells me it is "Illegal" for me to sell the car.
I said it is being sold as "Parts" or for the "Track". She looked stumped, looked at her husband and he said it is true.
ACamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:40 AM   #29
Traveling

Another group

Click image for larger version

Name:	emission.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	15963

ASE Certified Techs, Diesel-Tech graduates, and farmer owned. **beware of cheap imitation delete tuning. We offer warranty & money back guarantee on all work. Multiple truck-tractor discount! We strive to keep everything "DOT" appearing with all our work.

-Custom EGR-DPF-Urea delete tuning for most heavy duty diesel engines. 15-20% fuel economy gains, no more emission repairs.

-EGR block off plates available for most models.

-(Cummins ISM-ISX)-EGR-DPF-UREA delete tuning & VGT delete tuning

-(Detroit DD-13 DD-15 DD-16)-EGR-DPF-UREA delete tuning & VGT delete tuning (DDEC 4-6)

-(Caterpillar C7 C12 C13 C15) DPF-CGI-VVA delete tuning & VGT delete tuning

-(Mercedes-MBE)(900-4000)-EGR-DPF delete tuning & VGT delete tuning

-(Volvo-D11-D12-D13-D16)-EGR-DPF-UREA delete tuning

-(Mack-MP7-MP8-MP10)-DPF-UREA delete tuning

-(Paccar-PX6-PX8-MX10-MX13)-EGR-DPF-UREA delete tuning & VGT delete tuning

-(Maxxforce-MF5-MF7-MF9-MF10-MF-DT-MF11-MF15)-EGR-DPF delete tuning

-PDI Turbo's, Manifold's, Etc. also available

-Agricultural tuning is available as well -Case I-H, John Deere def delete

-Free ECM shipping -48 U.S. States

(*tuning for off-road only*)
*beware of cheap knock off tuning

OLSON DIESEL PERFORMANCE LLC contact -Grant
Old 09-20-2017, 09:40 AM   #30
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Yeah, new lawn mowers can come with carbs, but I bet they still meet EPA emissions standards that govern them. Most new engines will have a tag like this on them showing the certification.

Catalytic converters are only a matter of time.

Quote:
(*tuning for off-road only*)

And then people use it for over the road vehicles and then wonder why the offroad loop hole is closing. I can't wait until race cars,dirt bikes, and the like have to run full emissions systems because of people skirting the law. You might as well kiss most forms of racing goodbye if that ever happens.

I'd like to know how much in fines tuners have paid to the epa in the last 10 years. I know edge settled with them a few years back but don't recall what was all in the settlement. EPA is going after tuners with a vengeance. Maybe with trump in office they'll start to relax, but I doubt they'll ever be satisfied.
Booyah45828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #31
Traveling

Rolling Coal

Old 12-01-2020, 12:51 PM   #32

Guys thanks for all the informations.
I found this web site googling.
I have fleet of different vehicles, with all kind of engines.
I have a massive issue with maxxforce, in this year we spent close to 12 thousands and it still doesn't work as it should.
So far the only company that offer online delete tuning, so we dont have to ship ecms is https://truckecmtunes.com/internatio...cr-delete.html
Did anyone use them? Do you know how their tunes performe?
I am pretty close to purchase one and test...any advice?
PeterMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 10:04 PM   #33

Just to let folks know, we did a delete on our engine using the company I asked about.
Everything is fine, we've been running engine for past few days with zero problems.
Any questions, ask. More than willing to help if I can.
PeterMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 07:08 AM   #34
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMax View Post
Just to let folks know, we did a delete on our engine using the company I asked about.
Everything is fine, we've been running engine for past few days with zero problems.

a deleted Maxxforce will run nicely. the best way I have found to do it (and cheaopest) is to get an export engine calibration file for it.. change the VIN and ESN in the ECM to an exported vehicle, have it talk to NavKal where it will download the software for the exported Vehiicle which contains no emission, loasd the engine file with god-mode servicemaxx and done ..

cheap and easy and bad ass because you can crank the power up while in there..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 05:55 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMax View Post
PeterMax,

Did you also have to block off the egr and hollow out the filters or did you leave everything as is after the tune?
Jpalicki86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:08 AM   #36
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Freightliner
Chassis: C2
Engine: 907 Mercedes
Rated Cap: whole bunch
Delete plus water meth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpalicki86 View Post
PeterMax,

Did you also have to block off the egr and hollow out the filters or did you leave everything as is after the tune?
In Alberta we have no legal requirement to maintain a catalyst system on road going vehicles. So yes it’s totally legal to do deletes here... for now. Rmm idioms systems on diesels are bogus snow job sold to hovernment agencies. The amount of ammonia along our highways from urea systems is the next big disaster. Our maxxfarce lumps barfed out soot like a locomotve and always plugged the DPF’s. We deleted them added water meth and they ran clean as a gasser. No soot at all upon acceleration.
Mad Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:24 AM   #37

Thanks for the reply. I haven't heard of using water meth before but I am interested in giving that a try. Do you have a link as to where you purchased the kit and do you inject pre-intake or after? Thanks
Jpalicki86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 11:52 AM   #38
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Freightliner
Chassis: C2
Engine: 907 Mercedes
Rated Cap: whole bunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpalicki86 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I haven't heard of using water meth before but I am interested in giving that a try. Do you have a link as to where you purchased the kit and do you inject pre-intake or after? Thanks

It was a Snow Performance kit for large diesels. I think the injectors went after the intercooler. Better power and efficiency (as it helps catalyze all the fuel that is injected. Keeps intake, valves and exhaust components clean. I cannot believe it’s not an option on diesels from the factory. Note the kit is not cheap but it pays for itself in a year.
Mad Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 07:40 PM   #39
Bus Crazy

Chassis: All American RE 40 FEET
Engine: Cummins 8.3
Has anybody on the forum tried one of these water meth injection kits?
s2mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 07:54 PM   #40
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I know someone running it on their 444e they seem to be really happy with it, they were running washer fluid in it. A certain type I think is better than others (fluid) . I turned the horsepower up on the ECM of that bus , haven’t heard since how the water meth is doing along with the faster engine
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote