Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2019, 07:13 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1776
Coachwork: Merican Made
Engine: George Washington
Rated Cap: Not Enough
I Wanna Go Full Retard

They say never go full retard (as in the movie Tropic Thunder), but I wanna push the limits to the max and see if I truly can break the glass ceiling and go full retard. I'm hoping with the vast skoolie knowledge on this site, it just might be possible.

While the "About Me" section in my profile might not be serious, I'm as serious as it gets about this endeavor. I've wanted the following bus setup for as long as I can remember. I'm now in a position to make it happen. Thus, here I am before you and here is the bus setup I seek. Out of everything, I imagine mechanicals and drivetrain are going to be the biggest issue with something like this. I'm imagining getting larger bus, cutting out middle, and then dealing with drivetrain issue. That's where I'm at. Help bring me home here y'all.

In a world where cost isn't an issue and where questions like "Why the hell would you want to do this" or "what happened to you as a child" don't exist, how would you suggest I go about going FULL retard and making my dream short bus a reality?

Main Things I'm Looking for Are as Follows:

1.) Look like the above image

2.) Best Gas Mileage Possible

3.) Off-Road Capability to Max while impacting #2 as little as possible

I'm open to new engine, complete engine & mechanical rebuild, nitros package, and anything under the sun that will help me go full retard. Please throw out all practicality and unleash the inner 12 year old that I know lies inside you and help me brainstorm how I should attack making the most special bus of them all.

On a side note, I don't know how feasible it would be, but my soul truly does light up when imagining a short bus with the same interior capacity as the above picture, but in the flat-nose variety. If you aren't clear, just picture the same above bus, but just remove the dog-nose and replace with flat-nose. I hope you smile as large as I do when the resulting image appears in your mind.

And to those who think this is a joke, I promise that I will have photo evidence of me having procured and created short bus of variety pictured above within one years time from today, or else I will give everyone who posts contributing ideas in this thread $100 via whatever means would be deemed safe for all parties involved. If there is a moderator who wants to take down my actual information and to confirm reality of this pledge, please DM me. I'm hella cereal here guys. Thank you for your time and for helping me doing this incredibly important crowning life's work of mine.

Yours Truly,

Tugz McBuckets

DaHogwartsExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:46 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Duplicate. Please disregard and delete.

When I originally posted this, it disappeared and I assumed it got removed because of my tropic thunder reference to going “full retard”. I edited post and created new thread accordingly.

My $100 offer does stand even though removed from duplicate. I super cereal here

- Tugz
Old 12-06-2019, 11:57 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC/AMTRANS RE
Engine: T444E 7.3 w/ MD3060
Rated Cap: 36000lbs / 78pass / 39'
Welcome to the forum, but please excuse me that I find it hard to believe your sincerity especially about giving out $100.
Don't fret it though, there are several big and short dreamers up in here.
If you would like to check out my website that has all sort of information especially for the T444E/7.3PSD engines check out www.PatrickTheSalvageGuy.com I've got helpful downloads and articles as well as a link to my YT for other how to videos mainly on the F series trucks.
PatrickBaptist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:36 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickBaptist View Post
Welcome to the forum, but please excuse me that I find it hard to believe your sincerity especially about giving out $100.
Don't fret it though, there are several big and short dreamers up in here.
If I don’t make this happen in a years time, I absolutely will give out $100. This has been my dream vehicle for a long time. Some ppl have Ferrari’s or whatever, this is mine. And I’m now in a position financially where I can make it happen.m, and I will.
Old 12-30-2023, 06:05 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Where's my $100??
Was this just false advertising?
IF not lets see the bus!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 06:36 AM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Where's my $100??
Was this just false advertising?
IF not lets see the bus!

whats interesting about this is building an offroader that looks like Tugz would be the worst offroader ever... maybe if he stuffed a heavy DT466 in the front but wit ha short length like that im guessing he wouldnt be able to use anything other than a V8.

but then again how many have come to the site touting they can build a new world only to never build anything or help anyone build anything.. .. same stuff happens on a lot of the car sites.
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 06:55 AM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
whats interesting about this is building an offroader that looks like Tugz would be the worst offroader ever... maybe if he stuffed a heavy DT466 in the front but wit ha short length like that im guessing he wouldnt be able to use anything other than a V8.

but then again how many have come to the site touting they can build a new world only to never build anything or help anyone build anything.. .. same stuff happens on a lot of the car sites.

Hopefully the guy's out putting a million miles on his micro bus shorty.
As it stands- its been a few years I want my $100.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 05:09 AM   #8

Year: 1997
Chassis: Chevy B7
Engine: 6.0 V8
Rated Cap: 60
Make sure to turn it into a double decker.
Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 02:38 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 29
Wonder if you could make a 2 inch drive shaft or direct connect the transmission to the rear axle and make it work?
nikitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 07:12 PM   #10
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitis View Post
Wonder if you could make a 2 inch drive shaft or direct connect the transmission to the rear axle and make it work?

technically yes... if you have a slip joint at the trans.. and probably use a CV joint since you wouldnt have 2 phased u joints, you need a constant velocity or youll have a lot of vibe..

if the said short bus is a V8 then its engine sits a lot further forward so you have a lot more room whewre you could have a short driveshaft probably..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote