Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-28-2018, 10:47 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 32
List of Reliable Diesel Mechanics Nationwide

I've searched and I cannot find on this site a list of diesel mechanics that people have used and can recommend. It must be here, so please give the link. Alternately, can we start a list here? I specifically need to know about mechanics in the NC mountains (Asheville etc.) and west-central Florida (Tampa etc.).
AndiW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 01:14 PM   #2
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 11,651
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiW View Post
I've searched and I cannot find on this site a list of diesel mechanics that people have used and can recommend. It must be here, so please give the link. Alternately, can we start a list here? I specifically need to know about mechanics in the NC mountains (Asheville etc.) and west-central Florida (Tampa etc.).



these guys are pretty good... I used them a couple times.. they list themselves as an auto service center however they work n Medium duty diesel as well.

http://www.feolasautoservice.com/


-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:02 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
these guys are pretty good... I used them a couple times.. they list themselves as an auto service center however they work n Medium duty diesel as well.

http://www.feolasautoservice.com/


-Christopher
Thank you. Hudson location would be great.
AndiW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:12 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie
 
naes14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 43
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: Dt 466e
I am also in Asheville and all I can say is stay away from Rush Truck center unless you have a lot of $$$ to burn. They are more interested in fleet contracts than some Joe with an old bus.

I did get a recommendation for a man named Oren. He does maintenance on the buses at French Broad Rafting. I ended up not using him for my engine rebuild because he wanted to do an engine swap over a rebuild of my 466e.

I'll see if I can dig up his contact information.
naes14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:17 AM   #5
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,253
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by naes14 View Post
I am also in Asheville and all I can say is stay away from Rush Truck center unless you have a lot of $$$ to burn. They are more interested in fleet contracts than some Joe with an old bus.
Same for the Maudlin Navistar service centers in FL.
I was quoted $9300 to replace the timing cover on my DT.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:45 AM   #6
Bus Geek
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 8,462
Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
These folks are good and were square with me on rebuilding my Cummins but work on most brands. They also handle overflow work for many of the factory shops. They are in Humble (on the north side of Houston, TX).



Diesel Specialists - Houston Humble Texas
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:27 AM   #7
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 11,651
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
These folks are good and were square with me on rebuilding my Cummins but work on most brands. They also handle overflow work for many of the factory shops. They are in Humble (on the north side of Houston, TX).



Diesel Specialists - Houston Humble Texas

I hear good things about Chalks in houston as well
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:27 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: TN.
Posts: 52
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: B8000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 24
Every time I recommended a mechanic to a friend, I lost my friend.
reedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:16 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Seattle
Posts: 14
Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Oshkosh
Engine: Cummins 5.9 12-valve
Rated Cap: 26
I live Seattle and had a very difficult time finding a shop that says they'll be willing to work on my '95 Thomas (5.9 Cummins / Allison 545) . When I say '95, they're like "damn". I've only found one shop, so far, in Everett, that is even willing to do a maintenance service. If anyone around the Puget Sound region can recommend a shop, that would be great.
NovaTRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:41 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 54
Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Frieghtliner
Engine: 300hp MBenz
Rated Cap: 71 person
Sonny Merryman, Evington and Manassas, VA
05FrieghtlinerThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.