Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2016, 04:02 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Question Mechanical Reliability

Good afternoon. I'm new and curious if there are certain buses that you should just stay away from in general. Are there some that are "the best option" as far as mechanical reliability.
I work in the service department at a Ford/Lincoln dealer. So i'm familiar with the tried and true 7.3, the woes of the 6.0L and 6.4L and the latest and greatest 6.7. But those are medium duty trucks. When it comes to buses, my experience is limited to the ones that i write up for my fleet accounts at work. They are mostly bluebird buses and the main issue i see with those involve DPF restriction and some roof mounted a/c issues.

Its pretty overwhelming with the amount of different models, engine, transmissions etc. Ideally i would like to have a ford motor that can be "bulletproofed" as i can get a discount on labor and parts at my work.

I'm currently entertaining this https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...90&acctid=2129
From what I've rear the 5.9L from dodge is a great engine as long as you maintain it properly(like most things).

I appreciate any and all constructive feedback. Feel free to drop a link to related threads as well. I've searched the term "FS65" and "frieghtliner FS65" with no luck.

Sincerest Thanks,
Joel Munoz III

Joel Munoz is offline   Reply With Quote