Old 02-21-2015, 09:21 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Think it could be my wheel simulators?? I just thought of that.
mrbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:01 AM   #12
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Is the vibration in the rear? or front? What side?

Lift the back axle off the ground and secure the bus well.

Have someone put it in gear and slowly spin the back tires. Put a object on the ground close to the side of the tire. The tire should only be a few inches off the ground. That object is there for your eye to reference distance to.

What your looking for is wheel wobble.

You can check the front tires the same way, just spin by hand.

Now get in the drivers seat and spin them back tires at interstate speed.

Here is what I suspect from reading your posts.

You may have a bent axle on the side that had the bent rims.

A separating tire can also cause massive vibration. The tires that were on the bent rims would be the ones I check first.

I don't think a wheel simulator weighs enough to cause a vibration, but it would not hurt to remove them and see if it helps. What they are good at is holding dirt, snow, ect that causes vibration and RUST.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:32 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

To me, it almost feels like it's coming from the passenger front tire. At least that front hood mirror seems to bounce more and of course I hear the wheel chair lift rattling beside me too. I didn't think of a bent axle. The king pins were bad when I had the rear diff and axles swapped, so the vibration was already there. Once the weather changes and the snow disappears, I'll get her off the ground a check that. I'm almost tempted to take it to a different shop altogether in Columbus or somewhere just to get "fresh" eyes to look at it. Thanks so much for your input!
Old 02-22-2015, 08:34 PM   #14
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
How about the wheel bearing on that passenger front tire? Did you say they checked your steering links?

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:43 PM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

According to my receipt from when the king pins were replaced, all the bearings were inspected and repacked, plus an alignment. I would think when they did the alignment they would have noticed some tie rod issues. Maybe....