Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2018, 01:08 PM   #1

No crank/No start situation after an oil change

2002 International 7.3 T444E 75,000 miles.
We have a No crank/No start situation after an oil change has been done to it. It's my first time changing the oil in a vehicle like this and I couldn't find much info on the subject for our particular model. I drained the oil from the pan and filter, replaced the filter and 20 quarts of oil. Am I missing anything?? I've replaced one battery that was bad and charged one that was low to 100% and still nothing, just the single click of the solenoid. I've made sure all of the emergency exits are closed, shifting in and out of neutral, and have determined all of my relays and fuses are good. Everything acts as it should when the key is in the on position but when you go to crank it there's nothing. One thing is the alarm buzzer has stopped sounding when it used to sound all the time. The beeping alarm still sounds for the air brakes just not the buzzer. Is the buzzer alarm just for the emergency exits?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jacob & Andi

abtrocino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Engine: DT408
Quote:
Originally Posted by abtrocino View Post
2002 International 7.3 T444E 75,000 miles.
We have a No crank/No start situation after an oil change has been done to it. It's my first time changing the oil in a vehicle like this and I couldn't find much info on the subject for our particular model. I drained the oil from the pan and filter, replaced the filter and 20 quarts of oil. Am I missing anything?? I've replaced one battery that was bad and charged one that was low to 100% and still nothing, just the single click of the solenoid. I've made sure all of the emergency exits are closed, shifting in and out of neutral, and have determined all of my relays and fuses are good. Everything acts as it should when the key is in the on position but when you go to crank it there's nothing. One thing is the alarm buzzer has stopped sounding when it used to sound all the time. The beeping alarm still sounds for the air brakes just not the buzzer. Is the buzzer alarm just for the emergency exits?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jacob & Andi

A single click and everything goes dead indicates a bad or loose connection at the battery (or starter or ground on the engine). Check all of them making sure they are clean and tight.
I am an sojourner in the earth; hide not Your Commandments from me. Psalm 119:19

Here is the patience of the saints; here are the ones keeping the commandments of YAHWEH, and the faith of Yahshua. Rev. 14:12
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:00 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19
It's best to replace both batteries together to avoid having one weak one pulling down the new one. Check voltage at the batteries. You should see 12.7v or so on a recently charged pair. 12.0v or below is a dead battery. If the batteries check out check again between the big starter terminal and a good ground. You should see nearly the same battery voltage.

Tags
no crank, no start, t444e