Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-t Liner
Thomas Saf t Liner, check air intake

So I turned my bus on today and the check engine light, check air intake light, and stop engine light all went on. As well as an alarm by the driver. I am wondering if I have an actual issue or if I need to let it run for a bit in order to build air pressure up. Did notice my air pressure was below the red line on the dashboard. It also took a bit for the bus to turn over. Havent turned it on in over a week so that might be the delay. It was raining out so I didnt spend much time investigating it, but figured I should at least start to poke around online and see what I can find.

Thanks in advance

nachosforjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:13 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Re: Thomas Saf t Liner, check air intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachosforjoe
So I turned my bus on today and the check engine light, check air intake light, and stop engine light all went on.

Was bus running with all these lights on? if so YES there is a problem

IF NO, this normal to check bulbs for working condition

check engine, could be related to emmisions or??? depending on model

check air intake, could be a stopped up air filter that needs replaced

stop engine light, shouldn't be on when engine running (need to figure out what controls this, maybe it's an oil pressure switch)

the buzzer should be low air pressure, and yes bus needs to be run for a few mintues to build up pressure (google air brake testing on youtube)

PLEASE FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH SAFE OPERATING CONDITIONS OF AIR BRAKES
PLENTY OF INFO ONLINE

As well as an alarm by the driver. I am wondering if I have an actual issue or if I need to let it run for a bit in order to build air pressure up. Did notice my air pressure was below the red line on the dashboard. It also took a bit for the bus to turn over. Havent turned it on in over a week so that might be the delay. It was raining out so I didnt spend much time investigating it, but figured I should at least start to poke around online and see what I can find.

Thanks in advance
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote