Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Re: wheel bearings getting warm ? buzzer going off

Does your bus have air brakes? If it does, it's possible the air pressure dropped too low?

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:59 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Warm is acceptable. There's going to be friction no matter what. On top of that, brake heat certainly gets to the bearings and everywhere else. Warm is a subjective thing which makes it hard, but I've certainly never had trailer bearings be ice cold after a trip.

As for the buzzer...your guess is as good as mine without any warning lights coming on. Usually the same switch provides ground for an idiot light and the buzzer. It's possible the buzzer is shorted to ground I suppose. Unfortunately, your best bet is going to be tracing the wire.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: 2003 Thomas E-350 shorty
Chassis: E350
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 24

My old Chevy/Carpenter with a DD 8.2 had a low coolant sensor that would set off a buzzer when the upper coolant tank was low. Don't trust the dash temp gauge. Get an IR thermometer and check the temp at the thermostat housing and where the temp sending unit is to verify the gauge reading. Good luck!!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 1969
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: 350 Chevrolet
Rated Cap: 65
Send a message via Yahoo to C00LR

The Dump truck I used to drive had a buzzer that would go off all the time. It was the low coolant sensor. Even if the coolant res was full when driving and I hit a bump or go around a corner just right if the coolant would slosh or splash away from the sensor just for a split second, the light comes on and the buzzer would go off. I finally got the owner to do something about it when I told him I was going to unplug the buzzer. He didnt want me to do that because its the same buzzer that goes off if there is something else wrong as well. We just unplugged the coolant sensor and put a jumper wire in it to keep it grounded. Doing this made it so I had to visually check the coolant level every day. Which was fine because thats part of the morning check out anyway and I can see the level in the tank without actually taking the lid off.

"There are No Conflicts, Public or Private, That Cannot be Resolved with the Proper Application of High Explosives"

IYAAYAS
C00LR is offline   Reply With Quote