Old 09-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #11
Re: Who owns a Gillig or Crown with a pancake engine.

"You see Chrome, being highly polished, allows air to slip past it far easier than other metals. This being the case Chrome makes ANY vehicle faster AND more fuel efficient. Haven't you ever wondered why everything in the 50's dripped chrome? In the 50's they put Chrome on all bumpers, around all lights and windows, heck even a couple lines down the side of the vehicle just for good measure. You never know where Chrome may help, that's why every home decor item in 50's was chromed, that little strip at the table was just right to keep elbows from sticking on a hot day. Motto in the 50's was "Of course it needs more Chrome!" And why not? I bet if we were to Chrome a bus it would get 50 MPG at 100 MPH, and as an added bonus it would blind everyone for miles! Of course this is just my opinion, some wind tunnel testing MAY be needed to confirm.... Just sayin'....."

Actually that's not correct. Most of the trim on '50's cars is NOT chrome, it's polished stainless steel. That trim down the sides, around the windows, headlights, etc... that people call "chrome" is not.
Joe Monstermaker is offline   Reply With Quote