Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Corbeil
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Ford PowerStroke Diesel 6.0
Rated Cap: GVWR 11,500
AC Question - '04 6.0 Powerstroke Bulletproofed

Hey everyone,

I've got an '04 Bulletproofed 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel that currently has a rear AC unit piped into it (Carrier split system, skirt condenser) that we're looking to remove. CadillacKid has offered up some really good information about the way the system was likely tied to the front system, but I'm having a hard time locating an exploded diagram or any sort of photos that would give me a better idea of what parts I need to delete the rear system and return the front to stock. Anyone have any experience with this or have any ideas where I'd be able to come across that sort of diagram?

Thanks

weboughtabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:18 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1956
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Ford B-600
Engine: Ford Big Block FE
My 2007 E450 with the 6.0 and Carrier rear A/C has two compressors. One for the rear A/C and one for the front. The two don't tie together at all. You might look and make sure you don't also have two. The one for the rear A/C is mounted on the right side of the engine, the one for the front A/C is mounted low on the left side, almost under the engine mount.
Toyman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Corbeil
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Ford PowerStroke Diesel 6.0
Rated Cap: GVWR 11,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman01 View Post
My 2007 E450 with the 6.0 and Carrier rear A/C has two compressors. One for the rear A/C and one for the front. The two don't tie together at all. You might look and make sure you don't also have two. The one for the rear A/C is mounted on the right side of the engine, the one for the front A/C is mounted low on the left side, almost under the engine mount.
Thanks for the information! I guess I'll have to climb under and take a look around.
weboughtabus is offline   Reply With Quote