Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
Bus Nut

What improvements should I make on my E350 7.3L?

I'm just now coming around to being comfortable doing my own work on my engine, mainly because I know some of these things are really easy to install and I don't feel like paying someone to do a ten minute job. Here's what I've got:

- New glow plug relay. Either the relay is shot or the glow plugs are bad, because this thing does not want to start in 50 degrees. So I'm picking up the White Rodgers 200 amp relay, and if that doesn't work, then new Bosch glow plugs

- Tachometer. I was gifted a tach that mounts on the alternator. This one is badly needed as I have no idea what my RPMs are at

- Improved suspension. The ride is real rough in the back, so I saw that other thread and will be using the garage door spring lube, but I also will be taking it in to a suspension shop to see if they can upgrade it. They said they don't do air ride conversion--is that difficult to do on your own? I have access to a lift at work so I can get to the underside. Any recommendations?

- I really want to add cruise control, but I'm not sure if that's possible--the gas pedal looks like it has some circuitry on it, but there's nothing on the steering wheel or cluster

Anything else I should do or add? EGT monitor? Cam position sensor? Axle/Gear Ratio modifications? I had the alternator rebuilt this spring so we're good there, but should I try and get an alternator cooler installed or anything like that?

TheArgobus is offline   Reply With Quote