Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2016, 02:08 PM   #1

98 GMC 3500 BlueBird Microbird

I am looking into a gas 98 GMC 3500 BlueBird Microbird. Can anyone tell me about these buses? I am especially interested in fuel economy.

Seeing as I am new to this world of short busses I am also interested in information on which bus gets the best fuel economy. I have read good things about the e450 from the 01-03 year range.

How do they compare in fuel economy to a 15 passenger van?

StephenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:22 PM   #2
Skoolie

There are so many variables to MPG that it is impossible to say what any given bus will get. However, general rule would be that if its Gas, less than 10 MPG (6-10). If is a diesel, and depending on what diesel, you can get 10-15. Stay away from 6.0l Diesel Fords, they can be good, but not worth what it takes to get them there unless you are a mechanic that knows 6.0L Fords. But because you asked, I assume you don't.
A GM bus would be gas or could have the 6.5L Diesel in 98 (I could be wrong) and I have never seen a Duromax in a van. The 6.5L or the gas engine would be OK, but neither were that good on fuel, nor were they good for much over 200K.
Oldmopars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
98 gmc 3500 bluebird, fuel economy