Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2018, 08:54 PM   #1

Year: 2005
Coachwork: international
Chassis: ce200 international
Engine: vt 365
Rated Cap: 11 window
05 international brake pressure light ?

hello
i just bought a 2005 international ce200 with a vt365 and allison auto . it has a brake pressure light on the dash and i pulled a code 597_14p from the dash , brake lights dont work , when i jump the connector at bottem of the master cylinder brake lights work , switch is shot presumably . does anyone know a good source for service manuals and wiring diagrams ? international dealer ?
thanks for your time .

jsmitty0975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:48 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmitty0975 View Post
hello
i just bought a 2005 international ce200 with a vt365 and allison auto . it has a brake pressure light on the dash and i pulled a code 597_14p from the dash , brake lights dont work , when i jump the connector at bottem of the master cylinder brake lights work , switch is shot presumably . does anyone know a good source for service manuals and wiring diagrams ? international dealer ?
thanks for your time .

I *HOPE* you researched this engine before buying. It's known to have *VERY* costly issues (mostly as the Ford 6.0, the IH version being slightly different and only slightly less failure prone.) Research some more. More than one forum member had one of these engines fail, destroying it (and a new one was quoted at around $25,000; they can't be rebuilt if they fail). These engines *CAN* be upgraded before they fail, and have good reputations afterward (at least the Ford variants, I would assume the IH versions too).

IH should have wiring diagrams for the engine/chassis, the body maker will be who provides the rest (since IH didn't build many bodies). It sounds to me like your diagnosis is spot on, judging by what I've read.
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:37 PM   #3

yes ive reseached and have worked on a fair amount of 6.0l engines it is a gamble but it does run strong and next to no blow by from oil fill . starts good hot and cold , i went through it pretty good before i bought it . ive heard so many differing experiances ( not opinions ) with these engines i figured id give her a go . if it blows ive got a 7.3 l diesl and 2 460 gas i could probably transplant if needed. called international and they want 600 . for a service manual wow . got a number from them for a guy that is suposed to be knowledgable about the wiring on busses as well . thanks : jason
Old 09-10-2018, 02:58 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
the IH version is MUCH less failure prone than the ford version... no need for head studs.. update oil cooler and EGR cooler or EGR delete will solve most all of the IH issues.. never get it hot...

a couple I know has box trucks they bought new with VT and are at over over 400K on both now...

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:08 PM   #5

thats what ive read as well . and ive got 3 buddies with the 6.0l as well and they are over 600 now but thats km here 😊. the bus no idle rule should have kept it a bit healthier than most 6.0l s as well . working on some ideas to help keep it cool .
Old 04-09-2020, 06:41 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

JSMitty, I have the exact same problem on my '08 BE-200.

Brake pressure light and no brake lights. Brake light solenoid is good, so I'm figuring the master cylinder is probably bad. Any ideas?
IlliniBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:10 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

For the record, I found my problem tonight. Try chassis fuse F3, it's the fuse block without labels in the panel on the outside of the driver's window.

http://bodybuilder.navistar.com/Gene...0000003601.pdf
Old 04-09-2020, 09:14 PM   #8

there is a 2 wire sensor under the master cylinder, try disconecting the sensor and crossing the terminals and see if the lights come on . if so then your at the same point i am at as my bus got put on hold, i had figured on trying that sensor but would like to get wiring diagrams first to properly diagnose it. there is a brake control box on mine so i wanted to be sure before i fire a parts cannon at it. i may be able to give you a better idea soon as the project list is getting caught up now and i do have access to some wiring diagrams now at work ( im a automotive mechanic and have just started at a hd apprenticeship) ill try to remember to get at it next week and let you know.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:18 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Power from F3 goes to the 2-wire sensor under the master cylinder, then to the Stop Light Relay in the left panel, and then to the lights through harness 15, and then to ground.

My problem was fuse F3. It also caused the ABS issues. You might try that too, it fixed my problem completely.

Good luck!
Old 04-09-2020, 09:18 PM   #10

glad to hear. thanks .