Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2017, 05:52 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 65
1994 T444e Error Codes

Hey all, I've had my bus for a while, but only found the diagnostic button today (it's in an atypical location, and the previous owner had removed it so it was hidden in a rats nest of wires behind the instrument cluster). I finally am able to read out the codes behind my "engine warn light", and found a few problems.

I'm now getting the following codes:

The 333 code is for the ICP sensor, which I'm dealing with soon.

The 200s and 600s seem to all be related to the VPM - ECM connection, and despite my best efforts I cannot find my VPM to test the wires. I've got a 3800 T444, does anybody know what could be causing these 4 codes, where my VPM or ECM is, or how to fix this?

Bus runs fine, Idle is a bit rough, replaced batteries a few weeks ago so that may have caused one of the codes.

Thanks!

coolbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:54 PM   #2

Fix???

HiCoolbus!

Did you ever get this issue fixed?

I’m getting the 223-622 codes up too and can’t figure out where to go after finding out what they mean.

Help!

TIA!
Nandaliciousauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:07 PM   #3

Year: 1993
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DTA 360
New account for a new bus (coolbus -> Space Force One) - I was never able to resolve the VPM issues on that T444. I never had any major issues with that bus before I sold it, but the idle was never great and it was slow up the hills.

223 means your vehicle personality module is not talking to your Electronic Control Module.

622 is the result of this, "Engine using Field Default Rating", and will be a performance hit.

Unfortunately I think you'll want to talk to a proper shop about this if you care to get it fixed as its likely an electronics issue and you may need a new board or two.

Best,
SF1
SpaceForceOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:29 PM   #4

spaceForce !!!

Thank you so much for the quick reply...!

Yeah I’ve been searching online for a while now and the closest thing I’ve seen was a dudes reply in a diesel forum where he says it’s likely a wiring problem at or near the main harness takeout at the firewall on the engine side... and that without a diagram you’ll never fix it.

Well, I’ve got me diagram and I’m still clueless af 😆

I think I’m gonna hit up the school board mechanics, if they ever go back to work with this pandemic, they will have to know. In fact, I’m sure they’ll know a heck of a lot and I’ll have to offer them a case of beer for their help!

Thanks again and what’s the IG handle so I can follow the new bus?

Stay safe!
Nandaliciousauce is offline   Reply With Quote