Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2015, 07:19 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
88 dt360 filters?

I have found some info on filters but have questions.
Mine currently has Napa oil filters - #1797
A fuel filter marked # 3336 but have seen online notes that say dt360 should use #33403 because it is less restricting and should not use the one for dt466 but the dt466 can use the less restrictive dt360 filter.
I have a fuel separator #3405 but see Wix #33232 recommended.
I also see a filter on the right (not the driver's side) front lower corner. It is a smaller spin on filter that is inline with the oil filters but closer to the front of the engine. What is that? Is it a coolant filter? I see no number on it.
What air intake filter do you recommend? Napa lists an exterior and an interior filter but I only see the one large canister filter near the firewall above the oil filters.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I want to get this thing out on the road!

HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:57 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Filters are made by many manufacturers and have several different numbers for the same application.

I have seen coolant filters that are the same size outside but contain different sized additive packs inside which resulted in different filter numbers.

You best bet is to get the numbers off of your filters and discuss filters with your parts pro.

NAPA filters are made by Wix and the last numbers of both will be the same.

One of those filters may be your transmission fluid filter. For the filter in question follow the lines going away from the filter to find what it is filtering.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:19 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
So hopefully, the old ones are the correct ones. O'Reilly's people looked on their computer but didn't find a dt360. They found it in a book but the numbers were way off from what I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowlitzcoach View Post
You best bet is to get the numbers off of your filters and discuss filters with your parts pro.
The filter is mounted to the bottom of the case. There are no lines running to it. That's why I guessed coolant. I will remove it and see what runs out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowlitzcoach View Post
One of those filters may be your transmission fluid filter. For the filter in question follow the lines going away from the filter to find what it is filtering.
I was really hoping someone had a list of known filters that they use. If not and I find the answer, I'll post it for others to reference in the future. It would be great to find a list of correct filters for each motor. I did search for it.
HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote