Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2015, 02:26 PM   #1
Skoolie

Location: Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 29
"Borrow" a Nexiq USB Link

Not sure whether this is possible, but this is such a helpful forum its worth a try! I need to read/write settings on the ECM of my International / Navistar DT466E for which I need

a) a Nexiq USB Link with 9 Pin Deutsch Cable and
b) a copy of Software (ServiceMaxx) to drive it.

I'm not in any hurry - I can live with 55mph but it would be nice to do a bit more!

I only need it to make one change (to remove the 55mph limit) so its not worth paying the ~$1000+ to buy even a second hand one one. Alas, there are no Navistar dealers in the UK (and I can't find anyone over here who has such a thing)

Does anyone on the forum either:-

1) have a second hand one for sale
2) Have one they would "loan" (I would pay its full value, shipping costs and you would refund the difference between the full price and loan cost (whatever that might be!) when I ship it back. I happy to take all the risk!
3) Happen to be planning visiting London in the not too distant future (and perhaps wants somewhere to stay free for a night or two?) and has spare room in their luggage!

I hope this doesn't sound like a scam

Tim

Old 01-12-2015, 02:37 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Someone on here recently mentioned using an arduino to do something like this...maybe hit him up for the knowledge?

OR

MAYBE the 1 you order off AMAZON doesn't work right and you need to return it?;)
Malkieri is offline   Reply With Quote