MoliskaDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3l non-powerstroke
Re: Bus Parked For 4 Years... Now Cannot Turn Over

And then we tried to get that SOB outta there and scrap it... It is harder than it sounds. It is a moist, silt loamy clay soil. The wrecker first tried to pick it up. Crazy good time watching him push and wench it all around, then he got stuck about 5-7 times once he realized the stinger wrecker was NOT picking it up... I paid $700 four years ago

He eventually brought a 5 ton skid steer to push from the pack as he pulled up the hill with wench/hydraulic bed. It was nuts. He flat towed it the whole 4 miles to the scrap yard. At the very last turn, the damn thing came up hooked and slowly began to creek backwards down the highway (insanity) and as we all frantically hoped out of the vehicles and tried to slow it down (never gonna work!) He ran out and threw a 8"x8" under the front tire and it stopped! Fhew... and then he weighed it at 14,720 lbs.... he charged me $177.60 for the two days of attempted towing involving hrs. of bull getting stuck. The guy was awesome!!! If you need to scrap in south central MO see "Triple C Recyclables"... the most honest guys in the industry.. Got $1000 for scrap and started looking immediately for a new bus. (forgot to mention we pulled every accessory like water pump, starter, alternator, and the hood.. etc.)

Within two days we had another 7.3l international, but it is the 1992 7 window with an auto tranny...... NEW BUS IN TOWN!!! (Dick move old bus, I speculate it had a leaky head gasket and I should have cranked it dry before parking, ya win some and ya lose some)
Old 04-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #14
Site Team

Great story
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3l non-powerstroke

I know it. Didn't go into enough detail on when he got the stinger rig stuck. Should have taken more pics, never gonna see that again. He did this inch worm type of movement by angling the back of the bed down and pushing with the stinger end into the ground, it slowly moved the whole truck forward (about 4-5 feet each time). Had to do this about 20 times? It was a lot...