Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2019, 03:03 PM   #1

Year: 2006
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 72 passenger
DT466e Manual and Scan Tool reccomendations?

Howdy!

We just picked up a beautiful 2006 IC 300 with 150k from a local school district for about $2000. It's a happy full-length flat nose and

It has the DT466e and some Allison automatic (not the AT545 but still trying to figure out what exactly it is). It ran wonderfully on the 60 mile drive home and only needed some new batteries when we got it back.

I'm trying to prepare for the first service (Oil, air/fuel/oil filters, coolant) and looking forward to getting my hands dirty on it.

Does anyone here have recommendations for where I could get:
  • The engine service manual
  • The bus operator manual
  • A cheap diagnostic scan tool

I've gone ahead and ordered a $6 pdf copy of the service manual from ebay that I think should work but if someone here has warnings or words of wisdom I'm all ears.

I haven't had luck finding the operator manual for the chassis (just been figuring out the switchgear and accessories by guessing but that seems less than ideal ) Still trying to figure out how to lock the air door.

I'm currently keeping an eye out on craigslist for second-hand scan tools but would love to hear people's recommendations. Not needing every bit of data, mostly just a dumb code reader that let's me see what the idiot light is saying and clear it.

Thank you all so much! So very excited!

zzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:23 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International FE
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 84 passengers
The Scangauge D is probably your best bet for a code reader. It can do a number of other things as well that you may find useful.
rensch26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dt466e, international chassis, service manual