Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #1

Year: 89
Coachwork: International
Chassis: I dont know
Rated Cap: 71
Fuses on 86 international PLEASE HELP

oK ny school bus was running great, my hushband let the kids play in it and now it wont cut on. I noticed that the fuse box was opened but do not know what fuses it needs. the batteries are fully charged all the lights come on and when you try to engage the ignition all the alarms or noises come on but the key does absolutly nothing to turn on the motor, I am guessing that it is a fuse cause the day before we drove it with no problems. Please anybody that knows what fuses it needs and if there is one that has anything to do with this problem

angelasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Fuses on 86 international

International BB bus. The fuses have no connection to the engine/trans. Does the key make the engine gages move? Does the radio work with the key on?
The guesses I would make with limited information is either the key switch is bad or the trans neutral switch is bad. Please tell more information.. Please tell maker of bus, maker of engine, and type of trans. Frank
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #3

Year: 89
Coachwork: International
Chassis: I dont know
Rated Cap: 71
Re: Fuses on 86 international PLEASE HELP

Ok when I turn the key it does nothing you know when you turn the key it stays in the turn posistion well my now doesnt it bounces back
Please dont think me dumb but a mechanic I am not, This is what I know it is a 1986 diesel automatic international the title says it weighs 17000 it is a 71 passanger bus I remember the guy I bought it from said something about cummins? I wonder if the kids stuck something in the key hole
angelasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
Bus Nut

86 international HELP

Please send me your phone number.......... frank.id.crownatgmail.com
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote