Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2019, 10:22 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

IC 05. Air doors dont work

Hi,
IC Bus CE300 2005. The steering wheel door open or close switch never worked since I had the bus but at least the toggle switch worked to keep the door closed. Now the switch does nothing but I think the switch is fine.

In the compartment above the door right on top of the air cylinder where the air hoses attach and where you adjust the closing and opening speed there are 2 relays (I think) with tiny red and black wires. I cut the red wires. When I apply power to each only one of them clicks.

Also, on the bottom of these relays are tiny orange buttons. When I press each of them and them press the black button on the thing right next to the pressure regulator then the door opens or, respectively, closes properly.

I am thinking it cannot be the one relay alone otherwise the door would be either stay closed or open (and not be limp in whatever position the switch is). (but where can I buy that part anyway). What's next? Thank you

pratokko is offline   Reply With Quote