Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2018, 05:58 PM   #1

Year: 2007
Coachwork: International
Engine: VT365 - 6.0
Scan tool for Med duty trucks

I'm going to be heading out of state to look at and likely purchase a shorter international bus with a vt365. I am very familiar with the 6.0 fords and decent at diagnosing and fixing their issues. I however do not know if my scan tool will interface with the internationals. I have a Snap On Ethos pro scan tool and was wondering if I would be able to use this to view live data from the computer or if specialty scanner would be needed.

Tc262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:18 PM   #2

Year: 2007
Engine: VT365 - 6.0
Found out my scan tool would not interface with the internationals. Got the bus home from the five hour drive. It's a 2007 7 window that just turned 100,000 miles. Super excited that I stole it for $1,500. It's in great shape and very minimal surface rust. Ran decent but I believe the variator plate on the turbo is sticking. No problem, easy fix that won't cost a dime unless the hole in the plate or the pin is wobbled out. Will be turning into a snowmobile hauler for trips out west. I just started scratching the surface of some of the resources and knowledge on this forum. Looking forward to getting a chance to dig a little deeper around here.
Tc262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:16 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Chassis: 3000RE
Engine: T444E w/ MT643
Rated Cap: 84 pass, 40'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tc262 View Post
Found out my scan tool would not interface with the internationals. Got the bus home from the five hour drive. It's a 2007 7 window that just turned 100,000 miles. Super excited that I stole it for $1,500. It's in great shape and very minimal surface rust. Ran decent but I believe the variator plate on the turbo is sticking. No problem, easy fix that won't cost a dime unless the hole in the plate or the pin is wobbled out. Will be turning into a snowmobile hauler for trips out west. I just started scratching the surface of some of the resources and knowledge on this forum. Looking forward to getting a chance to dig a little deeper around here.
Scangauge D should work if it's diesel.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk