Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 14
Re: Suggested Regular Maintenance?

Have you tried adding a diesel conditioner to the fuel tank? I use "Diesel 911". It is supposed to clear the water and algae from the tanks, which could clog your fuel filters.

Don't know about the rest of the stuff. I'm still getting mine in living condition, so haven't had many drives yet.

Good Luck!

TygerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Diesel magic Power Service

Power Service is great for diesels. Every diesel powered vehicle near me gets some Power Service. Every engine big or small reacts to Power Service. As I am driving a bus or truck to Idaho, the power and engine performance keeps getting better and better. Walmart sells a white bottle of about a quart for $10.50. As soon as possible, the complete bottle is added to the fuel. One bus purchased in Kentucky with a 7.3 was an Ebay buy, and the engine was a real powerless engine. Within the first 500 miles, the engine came alive. I use this product in my diesels.
power Service 911 is for fuel that has begun to freeze and will kill any fungus but only boats get this condition.
I started a bus that sat for 12 years in just a short time mostly because of the magic of Power Service. The bus had been using Power Service. There are other good diesel fuel additives also as Lucas and Shaefers. I use Power Service in each vehicle and the fuel storage tank. There are bottles in every diesel powered anything. Frank
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

i will have to check wal mart for the power service stuff. i have bought diesel additive from the truck parts place here in town and its kinda expensive even with discount. makes me wonder if costco has it, as i buy hydraulic fluid (like c-4 which the allison 643 also uses) and other oils there for machinery. not to change the subject, but i see that walmart has motor oil almost as cheap as costco in the 5 gal cans.
on another note.. my brother has been using z-max for the otr trucks for the last two years. .something i am gonna do also next oil change.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All-American R/E
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

Walmart oil is very good oil, so long as it is rated for your engine, of course. PowerService is great stuff!
opus is offline   Reply With Quote