Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2019, 03:18 AM   #41
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrucker12345 View Post
The bus in question was owned by me! Since sold for 900 bucks. Guy put a starter and batteries on and drove away... was a CAT 3208T with a recent rebuild. Would do 75 no problem. Alternator was removed to prime it. I bought it for 500 a year ago and drove it 10k. Parked it where is sits and never ran it again. Decided to sell to make space for new buses, it also was private owned. No church affiliation.. a simple message to the seller (myself) would have gotten you a guarantee that it would run or I’d give you your money back! You Missed out on a nice running bus by asking folks that hadn’t seen it hands on. Even helped new owner put on the Parts!
Shall I post the video from just tonight (with proof of date and time) of the same bus, sitting in the same spot, with the same black-and-white antique tag on the rear? Some people really would rather climb a pole to tell a lie than stand on the ground to tell the truth. Or is this a magic bus that comes back and parks itself in the same spot, to be resold?

Or, to put it more succinctly...

CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:29 AM   #42
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Post the vid. I kinda wondered why a guy would be so upset that YOU didn't buy his hulk of shite!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:25 PM   #43
Traveling

Not sure why, but the site apparently won't let you upload such files of sufficient size to be of any real use. Fought with it for two days before I realized why the uploads were failing. So here is a link to where I uploaded it elsewhere and made it public for viewing by anyone who wants to see it.

Seller claimed this bus was sold, easily repaired and driven away... SO WHY WAS IT STILL PARKED IN THE SAME SPOT, ON THE SIDE OF THE SAME DIRT ROAD, APPROXIMATELY NINETEEN HOURS *AFTER* THEY STATED IT HAD BEEN REPAIRED, SOLD and DRIVEN AWAY?
Old 07-14-2019, 07:06 PM   #44
Bus Geek

Well the mods ought to deal with that scammer, man! That clearly shows they were lying and basically joined the forum simply to troll you for not buying their broke down bus.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:37 PM   #45
Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Well the mods ought to deal with that scammer, man! That clearly shows they were lying and basically joined the forum simply to troll you for not buying their broke down bus.
With 4 posts last I counted, I'd say you might be on to something, there, sir!
Old 07-14-2019, 08:39 PM   #46
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
He came here to defend himself against all the speculation. The video kind of blows his story out of the water though. Why ban someone who probably won't be back. And if we did ban him we would have to ban 75% of the members posting their junk for sale here.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:42 AM   #47
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
He came here to defend himself against all the speculation. The video kind of blows his story out of the water though. Why ban someone who probably won't be back. And if we did ban him we would have to ban 75% of the members posting their junk for sale here.
Marc, theres a HUGE difference between us selling or GIVING away out stuff and joining the forum JUST to troll someone for not buying into one's scam.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:58 AM   #48
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Id really say why waste energy on this guy when there's busses to build, buy, drive, and enjoy... oh wait I just wasted energy on this thread too...
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:29 AM   #49
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
ROFL
Whoops...
Old 07-15-2019, 11:07 AM   #50
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrucker12345 View Post
The bus in question was owned by me! Since sold for 900 bucks. Guy put a starter and batteries on and drove away... was a CAT 3208T with a recent rebuild. Would do 75 no problem. Alternator was removed to prime it. I bought it for 500 a year ago and drove it 10k. Parked it where is sits and never ran it again. Decided to sell to make space for new buses, it also was private owned. No church affiliation.. a simple message to the seller (myself) would have gotten you a guarantee that it would run or I’d give you your money back! You Missed out on a nice running bus by asking folks that hadn’t seen it hands on. Even helped new owner put on the Parts!

speculation and accusations by people that have never seen or been there seems to be de rigueur on the internet - bad enough with buses, it gets really BAD with the Animal Rights activists that won't be happy until it's illegal to own any animal - PeTA's stated goal is to have all animals run loose in the wild and they will say anything to discredit farmers and pet owners
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:43 AM   #51
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
speculation and accusations by people that have never seen or been there seems to be de rigueur on the internet - bad enough with buses, it gets really BAD with the Animal Rights activists that won't be happy until it's illegal to own any animal - PeTA's stated goal is to have all animals run loose in the wild and they will say anything to discredit farmers and pet owners
This "forum member" still has their bus sitting there. It didn't drive away with some new batteries.

This is nothing like PETA.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:10 PM   #52
Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
speculation and accusations by people that have never seen or been there seems to be de rigueur on the internet
Except I actually had been there and seen the bus when I was in the area. Lots of signs the seller wasn't being truthful and the bus was junk. I even posted a pic to show the accessory drive was partially disassembled, which proves I had been there and seen it. And when they claimed the bus had been sold, repaired and driven away, I checked up on it, because I had already found several holes in their story. Now I have caught them in a lie with VIDEO of the EXACT SAME BUS, is sitting in the EXACT SAME SPOT, nineteen hours AFTER they claim it was repaired and driven away. Posted to this thread in a link where anyone can view it. But somehow, certain individuals seem to think *I* am the problem here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
Id really say why waste energy on this guy when there's busses to build, buy, drive, and enjoy... oh wait I just wasted energy on this thread too...
Maybe in the interest of keeping anyone else from getting scammed by this guy? And you think you've wasted energy on this thread? Okay, I'll shut up now, since that seems be what so many want. That's across the board, just so you know.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:37 PM   #53
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Marc, theres a HUGE difference between us selling or GIVING away out stuff and joining the forum JUST to troll someone for not buying into one's scam.
Yes, there's a difference, sucks that there is nothing we can do about it.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:54 PM   #54
Bus Crazy

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 3208 na boat anchor
Rated Cap: 2
Regardless, it tickles me pink that this 3208 thread still lives! Anyone wanna buy a bus?
bus-bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:20 PM   #55
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus-bro View Post
Regardless, it tickles me pink that this 3208 thread still lives! Anyone wanna buy a bus?

................ ....................
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:54 PM   #56
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus-bro View Post
Your profile reminds me of a story my dad told once. Guy walks in a bar and is trying to sell his horse, says it does all kinds of tricks and even talks on occasion and I only want $1000. Well one guys interested and they make the deal. Well a couple days go by and the new owner comes in the bar wanting to sell the horse, says it doesn't talk like you said, can't get it to do any tricks or anything. Previous owner says keep talking like that and you'll never sell that horse. Your profile description of your motor makes me want to go pull a loan.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:33 AM   #57
Bus Geek

Guy never came back to defend the trolling.
Cheese Wagon- 1
Troll- nil

Old 08-01-2019, 05:43 AM   #58
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Yup, the troll slunk back under his bridge, not to be heard from again!
Old 05-11-2020, 10:03 PM   #59
Traveling

Update: A not-quite-school-bus-yellow Saf-T-Liner showed up at a local towing / storage yard about three months ago. Nose-in to the fence, which suggests it was guided in with a wrecker. A little poking around revealed it was towed in from outside of town. Hmmmm... Now how many Saf-T-Liners with rust in the underbody storage bins, missing lights, and an obviously aging non-factory paintjob could there be in this area?
Old 05-12-2020, 06:14 AM   #60
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON View Post
Update: A not-quite-school-bus-yellow Saf-T-Liner showed up at a local towing / storage yard about three months ago. Nose-in to the fence, which suggests it was guided in with a wrecker. A little poking around revealed it was towed in from outside of town. Hmmmm... Now how many Saf-T-Liners with rust in the underbody storage bins, missing lights, and an obviously aging non-factory paintjob could there be in this area?
That guy was a totaly SCAMMER. You did good, man! thanks for the update!

Tags
3208, cat, caterpillar