Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #1

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: B700
Engine: 5.9 cummins
Rated Cap: 48
1993 B700 cummins fuel trouble

Hello all, my first post so be gentle
I'm having fuel issues with my concerted bus, ol' girl has 400000km on here and when I went to start her this morning she ran for a bit and then stalled out. And never started again. I've loosened the injectors, nothing, and loosened the main injector feed line, also nothing. The hand primer only pumps fuel when I refill the filter, then nothing. We we're out camping, 3 hours from home at bus speeds, and had to leave her in the nearest town. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for repairs, is it the manual pump, the seal between the motor, etc? Or would I be better off rigging up a little 12 volt pump to get me home.
Feeling a little frustration, hate to leave the old beaut behind.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian

polygoncateater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
Bus Nut

cummins fuel trouble

It is evident the fuel pathway must be traced to find a supply of fuel. I do not have much information about your engine. Go first to the fuel filter and loosen inlet fuel connection. If no fuel present, remove fuel line. Remove fuel tank and add some air pressure to push any trash thru piping. If still no fuel, pressure the fuel line from filter to the tank. If still no fuel, rig temp fuel tank and plumb into fuel pump. Fuel pump maybe defective. I use eletric pumps....... Frank
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Re: 1993 B700 cummins fuel trouble

like was stated above is some fuel related issue, so i guess its between the primary filter and the tank, assuming ya got fuel in there. if i were diagnosing one, i would check for fuel lift pump, blockage in line between tank and filter, hole in line, broken or blocked screen or pipe in tank.
if ya get a fuel pump you want the correct pressure, and i dont know what that happens to be but my guess is a low pressure one like maybe up to 8lbs. i am just now eating lunch after working on a 4lb fuel lift pump on a diesel pickup. i had to check the fuel line to its lift pump, and fuel at engine cause it was an intermittant problem..(that's always par for the course for me)