Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2018, 11:02 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1954
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: old f500- new 2005 f-450
Engine: cummins 12 valve
Rated Cap: 20? five rows of 4?
allison 643-- cummins 5.9 12v 250hp -- bus parts

Okay so I have sourced an allison 643 with torque converter and adapter plates for a cummins 5.9.... four speed with lock up in 3rd and 4th gear.

1997 cummins 5.9 215 hp modified slightly to 250hp the maximum the transmission is rated for.

The history on both parts are unknown.

people that want this... what is this worth to you? I considering buying stuff like this and reselling to the bus community. I have to make some profit in this or there is no point.

I have found dt466 the 444 444e cumins 5,9 8,3 etc..... differentials, transmissions....

It seems to me the reason so many look at buses,,,,, because the initial cost of the bus is cheap. The same group does not have the money to shell out for drive line parts cause the cheap way is to go get another cheap bus.

I welcome feed back on this subject. I am retired now and this would give me something to do. But only if there is an income with it.

william - topeka kansas

magnakansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:31 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
You pretty much answered your question. Auction busses are cheap. You can buy the bus you want with the right options for a little more then the one with the wrong options. So most folks will usually do just that.

On a final note, how many average persons will take the time/have the resources to swap an engine and a transmission?

My guess is very few, and those that are capable, will likely be able to locate the parts they need without paying you for it.

So, unless you have the spare time, and want to sit on the parts until they sell, I'd pass if I were you. I don't think the income involved will make it worthwhile to you.
Booyah45828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:35 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1954
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: old f500- new 2005 f-450
Engine: cummins 12 valve
Rated Cap: 20? five rows of 4?
yea, what i was thinking too. Have to ask though, only way I would really know.

william
magnakansas is offline   Reply With Quote