Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2019, 06:37 PM   #41
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGCAT View Post
Oh yea. Since November I have put over 8,000 miles on the bus. The only breakdown I had was a air line that blew out and I had to replace it. Cost about 5 bucks for the hose. And non emergency was a slow leak in the foot valve for the brakes. Fixed that with a new one that cost 45 bucks. Averaged 11 miles per gallon on diesel fuel.
And if anyone out here knows where exactly the mark is for adjusting the valves and injectors are on the front gear case let me know. I know where the 3 marks are on the damper crankshaft pulley. "1-6 VS / 2-5 VS / 3-4 VS. But can not find the mark on the front gear cover for the Cummins NHH 220 engine. On the Cummins NHH 220 pancake (horizontal) engine there is no accessory drive pulley that usually has the marks like on a verticle (normal) Cummins engine
Well I found the mark on the gear cover that you use to set the valves in injectors on the NHH cummins engines. Its a small grove, not a raise marker line like I thought. It is located on the very bottom of the engine that faces the ground right next to the crankshaft pulley which has the VS marks 1-6, 2-5 and 3-4 marks on it.

HOGCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:07 PM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

selling the bus

check out some of my recent post I made today here.
HOGCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:12 PM   #43
Skoolie

Year: 1954
Coachwork: crown
Engine: 220 cummins turbo
Hi there, did you use the same water pump in your “ entire redo? Or go to a different style pump?
Thanks
50 crown is offline   Reply With Quote