Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2019, 11:31 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
I am still shaking my head.....

Two buses with bad transmissions both sold for over $6k and the seller neglected to mention the trans issues in the description.

Gonna be some really pissed off customers.

PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:37 AM   #22
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
I am still shaking my head.....

Two buses with bad transmissions both sold for over $6k and the seller neglected to mention the trans issues in the description.

Gonna be some really pissed off customers.
Yea I'd demand my money back and a relist. I'm pretty sure they were asked about the transmission model and they didn't even disclose the trouble.
Kinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 12:46 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinson View Post
Yea I'd demand my money back and a relist. I'm pretty sure they were asked about the transmission model and they didn't even disclose the trouble.
The seller did answer when asked about the mechanical problems.

I am assuming that the high bidders did not click on the little "questions" link and missed the question.

IMHO: Not disclosing it right up front in the description is dishonest.

A member here posted his adventure with his first auction bus.

Time off work, plane ticket and rental car only to find that the bus was not as described. The seller was willing to cancel the sale.

So then he had to book a same day plane ticket home. I hate to think how badly they nicked him for a same day ticket.

I would make a wild guess that he burned close to $1000 and 2+ days time only to return home with no bus.

Fortunately most of us who have bought at auction have experienced more reputable and honest sellers.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:55 PM   #24
Skoolie

Quote:

I am assuming that the high bidders did not click on the little "questions" link and missed the question.

Time off work, plane ticket and rental car only to find that the bus was not as described. The seller was willing to cancel the sale.

So then he had to book a same day plane ticket home. I hate to think how badly they nicked him for a same day ticket.

I would make a wild guess that he burned close to $1000 and 2+ days time only to return home with no bus.

Fortunately most of us who have bought at auction have experienced more reputable and honest sellers.
Sounds like my WA adventure. It was all sooo unnecessary.
Kinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:26 PM   #25
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:

Sounds like the deal on my first bus in OKC, minus the rental car. After searching all the options for getting home unreasonably expensive, rent a car was cheapest, but drop off fee made it more than airfare. I posted my dilemma on the forum and got lucky because Cadillac Kid was in Tx. heading home to Ohio and going right through OKC. So I was fortunate enough to find a reasonably priced option for getting home, got to meet Chris in person, and got to put some mileage on RedByrd. Dropped me in Memphis where I rented a car for the rest of the trip and Chris headed north. I know I've thanked you, but know that that trip helped me immensely.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote