Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2019, 03:05 PM   #41
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue-Bird
Chassis: TC RE 3408
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12V Mechanical/Allison MT643
Rated Cap: Blue-Bird says 72 pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB
FWIW crystal meth was invented in Japan in the late 1800's.

Maybe I'm confusing it with "Extacy". Both amphetamines. I thought they all came out of Germany. I never really looked into that, though, just street rumor I heard.

Ecstacy is not an amphetamine. It's in the same group as mda, something like phenethylamine. That's from memory. I will check it out.

Quoting Wikipedia:
Amphetamine and methamphetamine are central nervous system stimulants used to treat a variety of conditions; when used recreationally, they are colloquially known as "speed."[1] Amphetamine was first synthesized in 1887 in Germany by Romanian chemist Lazăr Edeleanu, who named it phenylisopropylamine.[2][3][4] Around the same time, Japanese organic chemist Nagai Nagayoshi isolated ephedrine from the Ephedra sinica plant and later developed a method for ephedrine synthesis.[note 1][6] Methamphetamine was synthesized from ephedrine in 1893 by Nagayoshi.[7] Neither drug had a pharmacological use until 1934, when Smith, Kline and French began selling amphetamine as an inhaler under the trade name Benzedrine for congestion.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...d_amphetamines

gs1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:10 PM   #42
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
https://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfa...phetamine.html

amphetamines were invented in Germany. But Methamphetamines were a Japanese concoction. The Germans were using it on a large scale in WW2 but you can find old Allied packages of speed tablets on ebay still. Everyone was using it pretty much.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:12 PM   #43
Bus Nut

I know from personal experience that the US Army was still passing out benzedrine in the early 70s. You needed a prescription, but they apparently never said no.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:36 PM   #44
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
The Third Reich were big on the use of methamphetamine but it wasn't invented there. MDMA was patented by Merck in 1912 though the pharmacology of it wasn't studied in humans till the 60's.

I'm right in the middle of FL. About 45 mins north of Disney. South Fl is the lower half or third of the state. Its like whole different place though. Soon as you're in South FL human life is suddenly much cheaper. Tampa has touches of this vibe as well but that's most large cities.

Parts of Orlando are rough but I don't find it particularly scary.

That Ocala head you're talking about- his name isn't Dragon, is it?

Anyhow- sorry, I was just confused a bit. This lemon og kush is rocking my world this afternoon hehehe. Thanks for the kind words, it means a lot.
looking at the map now...
near Orlando? Shoots! That's way far north of where it was in my mind. I thought it was S of Tampa's latitude. I don't ever remember driving through central Fla.

In high-school, we drove 12 hours to Daytona and a bit farther south. We would then sit on the beach for an hour, "swim" for 15 minutes (it was never deeper than your waist), then look at eachother, bounce our heads up-and-down in unison, and say "time to go back home". Boring. Oh, and the time I walked into quicksand at Sebastian Inlet. One step was solid, the next was shaky, and the third was liquid, before I could stop my stride downhill to the water. My friend pulled me out. I went back one more time when I was about 19. bored again, turned around and headed back to Hotlanta after 6 hours. I hated the idea of going to the ocean after that, until I got in the Pacific in Mexico south of Acapulco. And now I so miss the beach in Hawai'i, although every time you went in the water there was a bigger risk than driving in Miami! That beach eats a couple of people every year.

Going to Miami, we followed the coast. Other than that, I blew off Fla for years, until the Wanee festival. Now the Allman Bros are gone, so even that is about done.

-[-Homer Simpson gurgle-moan-]-mmmmmmnn Kush-[-druel-]-
Mountain Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 04:11 PM   #45
Bus Geek

Our friend goes to wanee and when he plays all that modern "jam" music I just don't dig it like the old stuff.

Yeah from here on up to Gainesville I think FL is pretty nice. Jacksonville not so much and South FL not at all lol. I'm as far inland as you can be in FL. Its 60 miles or so from here till you hit salt water.
Not much of that waist deep relaxing wading stuff anymore. Erosion has reduced our beaches to a ghost of what they were. You go about ten feet or so into the water and it drops off sharply. We also have an increase in shark attacks. Four great whites were just spotted off the coast last week. No great white attacks yet though. The closest beach to me is the shark bite capital of the world!
Old 12-12-2019, 04:19 PM   #46
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
That Ocala head you're talking about- his name isn't Dragon, is it?
Despite my innate superpower of being able to stick my foot in my mouth faster than you can fart, and my tendency on this site to use such superpower, it is never my intention of insulting or disparaging anyone.

I've said enough already, and since this is a nationwide website, frequented by Rainbows who drive buses, I've already done so.

Again, he was nice enough to me, and all I heard 'round town was mainly hearsay, except for the chiq in her early 20's that he (as a man in his late 40s) stalked. I knew her, and she really did not like him.

And I thought I saw his newest girlfriend with a black eye two days before I left, but I avoided that because that is really the only thing that will actually get me swingin' fists, and that is really no solution, just more problems. I was really in a bad place (besides losing my home and community to the Kilauea Volcano, and being poisoned with volcanic gasses that kill trees in 12 hours with no where to go and no where to hide from it, a serious psychopathic woman was ruining my life and happiness, but that is a 20-page dramatic story that is still plaguing my head and happiness to this day) and didn't need to cross his path at that point. She was a really cool chiq I knew for many years. I texted her from out-of-town and offered her support, but she denied it, like most scared abused women do.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:29 PM   #47
Bus Geek

ah fair enough.

Back our regularly scheduled programming!

Since you mentioned inviting folks though- The wife and I are going to meet Sam and Gay again for dinner. They're a nice couple from this site who we met. They're from TX and are retiring here to be closer to the Mouse and attractions. REALLY nice folks. Everyone we've met from this hobby have become almost like family.
Rainbows and all!
Old 12-12-2019, 04:34 PM   #48
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1949 View Post
Ecstacy is not an amphetamine. It's in the same group as mda, something like phenethylamine. That's from memory. I will check it out.
From wikipedia:
MDMA

Psychoactive Drug
3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine, commonly known as ecstasy or molly, is a psychoactive drug primarily used as a recreational drug.

It is a "variation" of Meth

I've never touched the stuff, and never will.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:43 PM   #49
Bus Nut

Me neither. I do remember a phrase I heard quite some time ago. I believe it went something very much like alpha-3-4-methyl-di-methyl-di-oxy-phenethylamine. I heard that a few times. I am sure it was very different.

Tags
blm, crowd, national parks