Old 04-19-2017, 03:57 PM   #11
Almost There

Year: 1998
Chassis: ford e350
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke
No sorry for the confusion. All is fine just referring to our last trip mishaps and that the fun of the kids are not related to any normal roadside problems.
Ac cools the bus down but seems a bit weak do not have a thermometer but no 40f temps at the vents.

Later j
Elfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:29 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
check out "the ride game" thread. May be fun, and a cool way of posting some pics on the road for yall!
I played the ride game on a scooter forum and had a lot of fun.
Just a thought. Always cool to see folks enjoying their buses.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:28 PM   #13
Almost There

Will be great to meet you all,

Here some Flagler beach activity.

School Bus Conversion Resources - Elfie's Album: Elfie the Elf Bus adventures - Picture

Eat here or we both starve, liked the add on the window.

Tried to fly this kite but not enough wind

School Bus Conversion Resources - Elfie's Album: Elfie the Elf Bus adventures - Picture

After this we drove to the airport in Daytona and dropped kids and Mom off. They needed to go back to school.

I continued to fort St Lucie walton dog park

Later J
Old 04-19-2017, 09:36 PM   #14
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
Sounds like a nice time. We could listen to this trip for a couple weeks more. I'm sure your kids would agree.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:26 AM   #15
Almost There

I had heard a little whine when the drive line was under load , Around 50-60 mph. Could not hear when I let go of the throttle. While still at the dog park I decided to the the pumpkin oil. It had a square plug. I thought it was 10 MM but nie enough my 3/8 socket wrencch fitted right in. It even came out.

Can't say i was happy to see the crud on the magnet. The oil was completely black and kind of thin from i remember from gear oil.

leaned the number on the diff. carrier to see if it was limited slip in the hope that the black oil was a friction modifier.

with the marvels of a mobile phone and the internet I found that it is a ordinary diff, no limited slip.
When i am at the Ocala meeting I can see what others think about the seriousness of this new surprise.

Drove at night into Miami , got lured onto a Toll road by my eager GPS. When I still read maps that would not have happened.
Will see what happens with fine or payment.

Just when I was pulling of the highway Elfie stuttered, almost like I hit a pothole, I figured that the CPS was giving out.
Have gotten stuck along 95 in Miami at night before so I was really hoping that Elfie could at least go on to the job site.
And she did.

Started work in the morning and finished today at 02AM . Took a nap and found an auto advance parts store. Got a spare CPS just in case.

Later J
Old 04-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #16
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfie View Post
Just when I was pulling of the highway Elfie stuttered, almost like I hit a pothole, I figured that the CPS was giving out.
Have gotten stuck along 95 in Miami at night before so I was really hoping that Elfie could at least go on to the job site.
And she did.

Started work in the morning and finished today at 02AM . Took a nap and found an auto advance parts store. Got a spare CPS just in case.
Oh man, that sucks. It only gets harder when you're away from your house, your people, your tools, etc. Wishing you the best outcome.

What's a CPS? Crud Position Sensor?
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:13 AM   #17
Almost There

Thanks Dan,
I called it a CPS out of memory. May be it has a better name. It is the Crankshaft Position Sensor. These electronic controlled motors have it all. But this powerstroke has more power and better fuel eonomy then my old 7.3 non turbo IDI and is way stronger on Waste Veggie Oil. Not running that yet at this moment.

Any way , on the road to Ocala meet and so far no other hiccup. May be something else then the CPS . I got a spare Injection D Module, forgot what the D stands for, beyond that only bad wires that an cause a total split second stall like that.
Just hoping for the best

Later J
Old 04-22-2017, 09:06 AM   #18
Almost There

So,... on my way to Ocala Florida to meet with the Florida skoolies.
Miscalculated my way thru Orlando. Wanted to stop at skycraft parts & surplus. Great place for geeks like me.
I had planned to be in Ocala around 5.30-6PM but it looked more to become 9-10.

Pulled of route 27 where it intersects with the turnpike and found a dirtroad to a Verizon radio tower. Being somewaht familiar with of roading I walked in on foot and thought not much of it. Drove in Ok and I like to turn around for a quick departure if the situation requires.....
Before I could say sh..t...

Some frantic help shouts to the florida crew yellowxj and eastcoast who were ready to come over and pull me out.. ( see ocala meet thread)

It was not dark yet and got the kids beach shuffle out, a good one, and collected some brush and planks. My front wheel was almost on a watering plastic line and I did not want to damage that. So a a 2x6 on top and plywood below as not sink in the sand with the heavy part.

Some serious smoke and stink from my driver back tire before it grabbed the 2x4's and pulled me out.

Decided to open a second beer and leave it where it was. Bythat time it was dark and I started the fight against the mosquitos and cleaned up my blood after.

Later J
Old 04-24-2017, 09:28 AM   #19
Almost There

Woke up the next morning and walked Rosie around and left for the Florida oscala meet.
Rosie telling me we are ready to leave and to get aboard.

We had a great time at the meetup and mush-burgers were excellent. I sure hope that I will be in the area next year.

Here some pics , I will add them to the florida ocala thread also.

later J
Old 04-26-2017, 10:30 AM   #20
Almost There

On the way back from Atlanta to state college.

On i77 did some hand waving with a white full skoolie converted but still with all windows.
Any body on this forum?

Besides the fun stuff. This I 77 has some strange energy....last time our airco clutch and bearing failed in this area and now I had a nice second engine shutoff with check engine light soon coming on.
Elfie kept going. Assume this is more of the CP's starting to fail. At least I hope. See if I can make it home today.

Later j