Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #61
Bus Geek

Re: Food that you love

No doubt,that's some goooood stuff!

bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #62
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accordion
. . . This sandwich is known as the Fluffernutter.
I was a picky eater as a child (I'm still rather fussy), and could not stomach the school lunches. So I carried fluffernutters almost every day in my lunchboxes for probably eight or nine years. I didn't get tired of them then, but wish to avoid having another one now.

Maybe that's why I also think s'mores are a waste of good chocolate.

Rudy, I am sorry that you can not enjoy cereal any longer. Here is my hot cereal breakfast treat. It is a mix of oatmeal (1 minute quick oats) and Wheatena.

I preheat water to a boil in a teakettle, and then measure enough for both cereals into a pan, add the salt (important!) per the instructions, and return to a boil. Add in 1/2 cup oats and 1/3 cup of Wheatena per person, and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. I usually count to 70 in my head.

As the cereal cook, they absorb the water. When the spoon can reveal the bottom of the pot for a second after each pass, it is done. If it looks too clumpy or "hardens" too fast, there is not enough water to absorb, so stir in a little bit more boiled water from the kettle. Always err on the side of too much water as opposed to too little. Cooking a little longer than usual will cook off excess water.

When it is done to the right consistency, pour it into a bowl and do not add milk. Instead, put two to three scoops of vanilla bean or coffee ice cream on top, and let it melt into the hot cereal. When half of the ice cream has liquified, stir the bowl up and enjoy.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #63
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Chassis: International Amtran RE
Engine: DT466E/MD3060
Rated Cap: 78

I love most food.... just look at my waist line.
bapos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #64
Bus Crazy

Year: 1973
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: CAT 1160 V-8 Diesel
Rated Cap: 72

About eating hot cereal, Redbear wrote "When it is done to the right consistency, pour it into a bowl and do not add milk. Instead, put two to three scoops of vanilla bean or coffee ice cream on top, and let it melt into the hot cereal. When half of the ice cream has liquified, stir the bowl up and enjoy."

That sure sounds good. I do like cereal, it is the milk that affects my Calcific Bursitus.

It is strange that ice cream does not bother me (yet). I have only just started eating ice cream again recently. Who knows, perhaps I will have to stop eating ice cream soon. If my joints start aching again, it will be time to stop.

Because of Muscular Dystrophy, I can no longer eat steak, corned beef, and often have a hard time with bread.

Hamburgers are OK, and so are hot dogs. Soup is my mainstay. I CAN eat steak if I cut it up in to 1/2 inch squares.