Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2016, 09:12 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
I love you guys

I know it's silly but gosh darn it i do. This bus has changed my life, and i couldn't have done it without the support and encouragement shared so freely here. I am filled with gratitude.

Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:25 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carytowncat View Post
I know it's silly but gosh darn it i do. This bus has changed my life, and i couldn't have done it without the support and encouragement shared so freely here. I am filled with gratitude.

I agree!!! this forum has been fantastic... it surely helps me smile indeed.. learning and reading... and following a dream that most in society think is wierd (mine - having school busses to cruise around in and build like classic cars).. ha! but everyone here understands !
-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:31 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
I was lost before Skoolie.net showed me the way
Old 10-02-2016, 09:36 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
It wasn't always love and rainbows on here. But its been rather nice the last 6 -9 months!

We love you, too!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:43 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
It wasn't always love and rainbows on here. But its been rather nice the last 6 -9 months!

We love you, too!
Old 10-02-2016, 09:48 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 2 elderly children, 1 cat
Quote:

We love you, too!
Old 10-02-2016, 09:58 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1987
Engine: 6.9L Diesel
Yeah this site is great, super positive, patient supportive community. I feel like I level up routinely through experiences with the bus. The other day my buddy was leaving the country for good and he called me to ask me to help his girlfriend get home from the airport because his car alternator and battery he left her was dead(who does that anyway?).

It took a bit of troubleshooting to figure out how to resolve it but I ended up getting the bright idea to trade batteries with them and jump start my car, from there I accidentally tore my positive battery terminal cable stretching it to cram a different battery in place of the old one. I found a cell phone car charger, cut it apart and spliced the wires(both positive and negative together) into the terminal and it started right up. Afterward I thought to myself "there's no way I could've done that so efficiently without the struggles of swimming through my electrical cables in my bus for two weeks. The skills I've learned through working on the bus I look forward to using throughout the life of my memory.

Quote:

We love you, too!
I'm still sad I wasn't able to gain direct guidance through Nat's experience and confidence. If he returns, I will be one of the first to welcome him back.
TAOLIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:09 PM   #8
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAOLIK View Post
Yeah this site is great, super positive, patient supportive community. I feel like I level up routinely through experiences with the bus. The other day my buddy was leaving the country for good and he called me to ask me to help his girlfriend get home from the airport because his car alternator and battery he left her was dead(who does that anyway?).
So let me get this straight... The guy is skipping out of the country and leaves his girlfriend with a dead car?

Surely, there's more to this story
Old 10-02-2016, 10:27 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
So let me get this straight... The guy is skipping out of the country and leaves his girlfriend with a dead car?

Surely, there's more to this story
The guy is skipping out of the country and leaves his girlfriend with a dead car at the airport. I tried to slim down the fat of the story, but since you asked. Last week he told me he was having car troubles, and I diagnosed the problem to be a bad alternator (I'm certainly no car expert but I have experienced a broken alternator and a bad battery), he says he got it fixed a year or two ago so it's probably not it. I'm not a car expert so whatever, I insisted to him that he should get that fixed BEFORE giving the car to his girlfriend. Anyway fastforward to the day before he leaves, he tells me he's going to get a new battery to fix the problem. I suggest he get it tested but he's too busy saying goodbyes or whatever to answer my phone call/respond to my text, no biggie. Fastforward to the day he leaves. I wake up to perform my routine 30 minute power love on my bus before going to work, minutes into my cleaning process I get a call from my friend stating the prior mentioned story about his girlfriend and dead car at the airport. Thanks to my bus I was awake, but otherwise I would've been sleeping oh so peacefully.

Anyway I pull up next to him in the parking lot and help direct parking lot traffic as I wait for them to finish their check in at the airport. I also told him over the phone that he's going to have to cut his goodbye short because I'm supposed to be at work already. I continue directing parking lot traffic as they have their goodbye, casablanc comes to mind. They cry, they hug, they kiss, they cry, they hug, and I uncomfortably say something along the lines of "tic toc buddies". He leaves, and I proceed to try to revive his dead car with his poor girlfriend for longer than I intended. We got it going and I felt unstoppable, the drive home was a whole nother shitshow but I think that's one of those "you had to be there" stories. I finally get her home and send my buddy a text saying I cleaned up his mess. I offered to try to fix the alternator but my buddy gave her $300 to take care of it, I'm partially hoping she'll get it done via mechanic so I can use that time for insulating my bus. I did loan her a battery charger though, which should get her car a few miles into a shop.

It was quite an experience, If it adds to the comedy at all, my drivers side door does not open from the outside so I either leave it open or enter through the passenger side. The window barely rolls up manually so I try to avoid using it, and the horn doesn't work so I have to flicker my brights to get attention. I could probably fix these problems with time and motivation but my priorities lie in my bus and wife. Anyway I'm glad I had an excuse to immortalize the story in this silly thread before my short term memory dismisses it into my memory-trashbin.

edit: his leaving the country was rather unfortunate, but in short he couldn't gain citizenship through the army despite his best efforts due to a lack of paperwork for some asian medical fixes that happened when he was younger.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:36 PM   #10
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAOLIK View Post
The guy is skipping out of the country and leaves his girlfriend with a dead car at the airport.*snip*
And this is why I live by my signature
When life is hitting me with a shitstorm. I think how bad it could actually be!
Old 10-02-2016, 10:37 PM   #11
Bus Nut

I appreciate that you keep that .gif in your photobucket
Old 10-02-2016, 11:06 PM   #12
Bus Crazy