Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Non-Slip Shelf Liner Uses

Available in several lenghts and at many places Non-Slip Shelf Liner has many uses other than lining your shelves with it. I find the really "fat cushiony" kind works better aand stays non-slip longer than the thinner "hard" stuff. It is often more expensive but cheap as I am, I buy the fat cushiony stuff. The last roll I bought was huge (12" x 20') and Wal-mart had it marked down in their clearance stuff. I have no idea why...it's white so it can't be the colour went out of style. I only paid a couple of $$ for it. Some of the things I have been doing for a long time. I find the stuff very handy. Here's just a few things I use it for (or have in the past)

> I line drawers with it (keeps the flatware and cooking utensils in place pretty much)

> makes nifty cushions in the soda crate I keep my glasses in.

> I cut a small piece to set on the doghouse of the Class C so that my cellphone stayed handy and didn't slide off on the floor. I will probably do the same for the bus.

> A "book sized" piece kept the road atlas in place with out it sliding off every time I took a curve. My spiral wire bound road atlas started falling apart so I took it apart and placed all the pages in clear sheet protectors (which I now write all over with wet erase markers) and then placed in a 3" binder. 155 sheet protectors add up in thickness pretty fast.

> A small square is handy to get a good grip on a jar lid or bottle cap, especially when either the cap/lid or your hands are wet.

> I like to place a piece under an item that I am sanding to keep it from sliding around. Works good fro both hand sanding and using a 1/4 sheet pad sander.

> Cushions the chain I use to tie down the microwave and prevents the chain from slipping and the keeps the metal cabinet from getting marred by the chain.

> good for keeping a grip on a small item while drilling a hole in it. I have even placed a little piece around the jaws of a pair of pliers for better grip without marring.

> Place between plates, dishes, stacked pots/pans/lids to prevent breakage and marring.

> Quietens rattles.

> I placed a section on the shallow shelf of the fireplace mantle. I put my little voltive candles up there. They didn't move at all on the trip from Socorro to Roswell.

> Lined the shelves in the medicine cabinet with the stuff. Nothing shifts so nothing falls out when the door is opened after a trip.

> placed a piece between the two refrigerators to keep them from slipping around... they are tied down with racheting cargo straps.

> a piece under the cutting board keeps it from moving while cutting stuff up... the "bumper" feet always comes off my glass cutting boards and the poly cutting boards are so slick, they need help staying on the countertops.

> Vases, napkin holders,pretty much anything that sits on a shelf or counter top gets a piece if shelf liner under it. Even our little alarm clock has it's own tiny square.

> put on a clothes hanger for a shirt (or pants) that refuses to stay on the hanger. I cut a small piece and fold it over the hanger. A drop of EU6000 glue and a bit of painters tape to hold the liner in place while the glue dries. No more clothes slipping off the hanger and no clothes pin marks on the clothes.

> line the bottom of the sink with it to let the slow cooker cook while traveling.

And I can wash the stuff too (warm soapy water by hand... air dry). Handy stuff and pretty cheap too.

https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: Non-Slip Shelf Liner Uses

first time using that it was in a dodge caravan i bought. the little dash part over the stereo had that and the center console bucket had that. didnt know why then realized stuff wasnt sliding when you turned sharp lol. I got a roll as part of my benefits of where i work and havent used it yet.
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/AT545
Re: Non-Slip Shelf Liner Uses

Great ideas - thanks Lorna!
viewtopic.php?t=4959
Diesel Dan is offline   Reply With Quote