Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2016, 08:59 PM   #41
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Chassis: international
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I wanna tell you to fight the good fight.
But then- you know what they say about "city hall".

livinthelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:00 PM   #42
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
Time to unleash the goats!!!!
Nice! Were might you get one of those?
Old 07-24-2016, 09:08 PM   #43
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vireo View Post
Thank you for all of the great advice. As it happens, we are friends with the daughter of the head of city council here, so that's encouraging. I also re-read the ordinance regarding the parking of large vehicles and I don't know how I missed it, but it lists BUS among the other large vehicles. I measured and I'm 70 ft from the street.
In other news, I saw the neighbor taking their dog for a **** in the city owned woods behind my house. I tried to take a pic and that's when they started yelling and called the cops again. According to this officer, it's okay for them to do that. SMH. I informed the officer that I was in compliance with ordinance 452.16 (a) and she replied that it didnt matter because the bus was an eyesore.
You know, if they really want to see what an eyesore looks like I think I could arrange it......
At this point you are fallowing the rules. Document everything. I got to thinking even if your not to big on trusting code enforcement it might not hurt just to talk to them see what they say. It will show you made an effort to fix any problems they have. Next do a search in your city ordinance to see if they have ANYTHING any were that says ANYTHING about eye sore or anything like it. They may be pulling from one law to satisfy there visit. I'd talk to code though. I'm not backing them or anything I'm going off of what I seen work. Its hard for anyone to say your illegal if its in writing and in there hands.

Is it the same police officers that keep showing up?
Old 07-25-2016, 02:06 AM   #44
Mini-Skoolie

I dislike making lite of religion mine yours anyone's that said . you can go to Universal Life Church - Become a Minister Online get ordained and simply tell them its a church bus .

The rules about churches are mostly vague the IRS actually puts it in writing in there publication about section 501 C3 that you are not required to apply to be considered a church for tax purposes but its a good idea if " your taking donations " .

Many locale and state laws are not applicable to a religious group . They also use the IRS standard to determine what is or is not a church .
You probably could keep the yellow if wanted as long as you make sure to post max passenger number under 15 I believe is the point between a commercial bus and non for drivers lic.

Myself have been ordained since 1988 . I also understand the cop thing worked as a firefighter / paramedic and on my days off dispatcher many officers are just there to do a job and help . but you have far to many that put that badge an gun on and feel they are right and the civilians need to follow every order immediately to many laws are written n such a sloppy manner that they can be interpreted to mean what ever someone wants them to be .
Old 07-25-2016, 05:35 AM   #45
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wolf View Post
I dislike making lite of religion mine yours anyone's that said . you can go to Universal Life Church - Become a Minister Online get ordained and simply tell them its a church bus .

The rules about churches are mostly vague the IRS actually puts it in writing in there publication about section 501 C3 that you are not required to apply to be considered a church for tax purposes but its a good idea if " your taking donations " .

Many locale and state laws are not applicable to a religious group . They also use the IRS standard to determine what is or is not a church .
You probably could keep the yellow if wanted as long as you make sure to post max passenger number under 15 I believe is the point between a commercial bus and non for drivers lic.

Myself have been ordained since 1988 . I also understand the cop thing worked as a firefighter / paramedic and on my days off dispatcher many officers are just there to do a job and help . but you have far to many that put that badge an gun on and feel they are right and the civilians need to follow every order immediately to many laws are written n such a sloppy manner that they can be interpreted to mean what ever someone wants them to be .
I'm a reverend of Universal Life.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:02 AM   #46
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
in my neighborhood I finally figured out who doesnt like my Bus.. the same lady who HATES my christmas lights with a passion..

granted, I try to put my bus away each night into my storage unit, occasiuonally I keep it home because I know I want to work on it the next AM early.. or in the case tonight I'll bring it home because im going to go on a trip in it starting tonight..

I looked and asked and called and theres ZERO restrictions on Holiday lighting in my neighborhood.. which means i can put my up my kickass Christmas lights display... that will shine lots of light across the street... oh but the bus parked in front of the house will block the light........

I just love the stuff you hear when laying on the floor inside a bus with the windows open and the peiple outside dont know your inside working... it seems sound carries VERY WELL from outside to inside of a bus...

I also learned that I believe she Beats her foster / adopted kids... one of these days im gonna catch her in the act (or my bus surveillance will).. then I can turn her in because thats no laughing matter..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:52 AM   #47
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Startrans
Chassis: Ford e-350 single wheel
Engine: 5.4 litre
Rated Cap: 12
Only once someone complain (note on my windshield) about me parking in front of their house. I usually park in front of my house but somebody else parked there. I like that they handled it without the police. But in your case that's just wrong to call the cops first without talking to you first.
leadsled01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:23 AM   #48
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vireo View Post
I'm planning to go to the next city council meeting to see if they can clear things up. I want to follow the rules. You are correct about the neighbor issue, he's a bully with a gun so we're planning to move asap. My mom lives in rural VA and we can finish the bus there before we head out on our adventure. This is my dream and I'm not letting anyone take it away.
I wouldn't do that. Contact your city councilman and get him involved. Just standing up and complaining won't do much.

1998 Ford B700 Thomas body 65 passenger. 5.9 Cummins 12 valve with MT643 Transmission 123,000 miles.
Versatile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:56 AM   #49
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post

I looked and asked and called and theres ZERO restrictions on Holiday lighting in my neighborhood.. which means i can put my up my kickass Christmas lights display... that will shine lots of light across the street... oh but the bus parked in front of the house will block the light........

I also learned that I believe she Beats her foster / adopted kids... one of these days im gonna catch her in the act (or my bus surveillance will).. then I can turn her in because thats no laughing matter..

-Christopher
I hope you and pray you do catch here! Like you say that is no laughing matter!
Old 07-25-2016, 11:37 AM   #50
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Quote:
in my neighborhood I finally figured out who doesnt like my Bus.. the same lady who HATES my christmas lights with a passion..

granted, I try to put my bus away each night into my storage unit, occasiuonally I keep it home because I know I want to work on it the next AM early.. or in the case tonight I'll bring it home because im going to go on a trip in it starting tonight..

I just love the stuff you hear when laying on the floor inside a bus with the windows open and the peiple outside dont know your inside working... it seems sound carries VERY WELL from outside to inside of a bus...

-Christopher
You don't have to wait to call, if you suspect you can call now
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:18 PM   #51
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu & Filo. T View Post
I was always told I end up "grilled" if I call authorities on someone and it turns out they find nothing or I wasnt hearing what i thought I was hearing etc...

its scary becvause i know im really sensitive as i was abused as a kid... but I also dont want someone else to be going through that growing up...

I added some surveiilance on my house as the other night someone was caught trying to break a window out of a vacant house for sale / lease across the street....
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:19 PM   #52
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu & Filo. T View Post
Quote:
I was always told I end up "grilled" if I call authorities on someone and it turns out they find nothing or I wasnt hearing what i thought I was hearing etc...

its scary becvause i know im really sensitive as i was abused as a kid... but I also dont want someone else to be going through that growing up...

I added some surveiilance on my house as the other night someone was caught trying to break a window out of a vacant house for sale / lease across the street....
-Christopher
If only someone had called for me, in the 70's & 80's...
Things might have turned out differently
Old 10-15-2016, 11:02 AM   #53
Mini-Skoolie

In Maryland my bus can not be more than 49 percent yellow. Might do you well to paint it. Sorry if I'm repeating a solution already given. When confronted with the gang your only words should be "am I being detained". End of conversation. Best of luck.
Ben Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 02:40 PM   #54
Bus Nut

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Genesis/Am-Tran Tall Roof
Chassis: International, 643 transmission
Engine: DT 466ci 250hp, International
Rated Cap: 86 screaming Monsters
And am I free to go.
Geo Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote