Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-27-2016, 10:00 AM   #151
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kansas
Posts: 430
Year: 2000
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: Your mom +1
Yep they're some heavy buggers. I have the same carrier and my KZ1000 Topped out at like 580lbs before I chopped the frame down to a hardtail. I think I'm at right around 525 now. You might think about putting some additional tie down spots on the back of your bus to take some of the sag out of the carrier.
slaughridge85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:27 AM   #152
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 7,932
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughridge85 View Post
Yep they're some heavy buggers. I have the same carrier and my KZ1000 Topped out at like 580lbs before I chopped the frame down to a hardtail. I think I'm at right around 525 now. You might think about putting some additional tie down spots on the back of your bus to take some of the sag out of the carrier.
I love big kawi fours.
The ZRX I owned was bliss.

Got the rest of the day free, so I'm gonna be putting a new clutch in my green Tomos Targa.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #153
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kansas
Posts: 430
Year: 2000
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: Your mom +1
I've only owned a couple bikes that weren't late 70's to early 80's kawis. Had a Turbocharged KZ1300 for a minute too. That was a beast of a 6 cylinder bike, but it topped out at 700+ lbs at around 180hp. It was scary fast. I've loved Kawasaki KZ's ever since I first saw the original Mad Max movie and one of my personal favorites "Knightriders."
slaughridge85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:19 PM   #154
Bus Geek
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 5,065
Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
My home-built Yamaha Formula II bike weighed about 220 pounds wet and produced 135 hp. Made for a very sweet ride. Wish I still had it.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:03 PM   #155
Bus Crazy
 
sdwarf36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Moodus, Ct.
Posts: 1,025
Year: 1996
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Ford e-450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 14
When i built my rear bumper, I knew I was going to be making a bike hauler also. I can't stand following a van with a bike mounted on one of those receiver hitch mounts-shaking like crazy going down the road. So when I made mine, I made a triple slide in. The receiver hitch in the middle and two 1x2 sq. tubing sections built in. My carrier has a couple sections of 3/4" sq towards the ends. Zero movement with a Kawi 500 twin on the back. Also I mounted my back up camera up high-so I can keep an eye when its back there.
__________________
Don't make a fuss-just get on the bus!

my bus build http://www.skoolie.net/gallery/Skoolies/Sped
sdwarf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:43 PM   #156
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwarf36 View Post
When i built my rear bumper, I knew I was going to be making a bike hauler also. I can't stand following a van with a bike mounted on one of those receiver hitch mounts-shaking like crazy going down the road. So when I made mine, I made a triple slide in. The receiver hitch in the middle and two 1x2 sq. tubing sections built in. My carrier has a couple sections of 3/4" sq towards the ends. Zero movement with a Kawi 500 twin on the back. Also I mounted my back up camera up high-so I can keep an eye when its back there.
We've gotta do some thing like this for ours. My boyfriend has his prized 2014 Harley Road King and I've got my 2015 Genuine Buddy 125. I like to think that this is an accurate visual description of how we 'roll'. All his buddies kept trying to get me into motorcycles, but I'm just a scooter girl at heart.

Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:49 PM   #157
Bus Crazy
 
milkmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oklahoma aka "God's blind spot"
Posts: 2,131
Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
I had my sights set on a Yamaha 1300 Road Star lately... But, the bus deal came down at the same time... Bus 1 - Yamaha 0

Maybe next time
__________________
I once complained I had no shoes....
Until I met a man with no feet
milkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:53 PM   #158
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
I had my sights set on a Yamaha 1300 Royal Star lately... But, the bus deal came down at the same time... Bus 1 - Yamaha 0

Maybe next time
The good news is, either way it falls it's

Milkmania - 1
Having a Crappy Time - 0
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:01 PM   #159
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 7,932
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
After going to Harley and Japanese moto school, I can't get into the newer plastic bikes. They're made so cheap anymore.
Your Genuine Buddy is just as american as that Road King. A BUNCH of that Road King is made in Taiwan by the same folks making scooter parts. Then a whole bunch of it is assembled in Mexico. Then a few bolts are torqued down here (we install the handlebars here in the US). That's how "quality American" a Harley is these days.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:08 PM   #160
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
After going to Harley and Japanese moto school, I can't get into the newer plastic bikes. They're made so cheap anymore.
Your Genuine Buddy is just as american as that Road King. A BUNCH of that Road King is made in Taiwan by the same folks making scooter parts. Then a whole bunch of it is assembled in Mexico. Then a few bolts are torqued down here (we install the handlebars here in the US). That's how "quality American" a Harley is these days.
Yeah no I totally get what you're saying. We know how to work on these and parts are readily available for both. For where we are in life, that's really important to us
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.