Old 01-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1973
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: CAT 1160 V-8 Diesel
Rated Cap: 72
Time to laugh

I am inspired to start a new thread by the story that frank-id posted about a first date. It is important to laugh every day. I will start this thread with a story. Hopefully you all will post some of your funny anecdotes as well. This will be a lot of fun if you participate. I have lots of stories. Here is my first one. Now it is your turn.

To begin with, it was my dad who was always the disciplinarion in the family. The rules were clear, even for my mom. It was very rare that she ever raised her voice, much less, that she actually scolded either my brother or me.

There was this one day, however, that I happened to walk in the kitchen and saw an opportunity to have a little fun (at my brother's expense). I was amazed to see my mom pointing at my brother, Phil, and actually screaming at him vehemently. It was so uncharacteristic of her.

Well, my brother saw me enter. He had a look of terror on his face. I was to the back of my mom, so she did not know that I had entered the kitchen.

It just so happens that I had been presently eating a bag of Cheetos. So, I got this great idea! I'll hide behind my mom (who still doesn't see me) and stick two Cheetos in my nostrils, and two of them out of my ears.

It wasn't as easy as it sounds to put them things there. All right, so now I wait for the perfect moment, when my brother is at the height of his terror, and I pop up to look at him, with the adornments in my orifices.

What does he do? He bursts out laughing!!! Boy, that pissed my mother off!!! He points at me and says, it was HIM! Of course, I was very adept at removing the Cheetos, and just stood there eating them with a completely innocent face.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: Time to laugh

Old 01-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350

always keep cheetos in your bus...they are great for lightin a campfire!
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
Skoolie

Send a message via ICQ to mightybus

.....I was up all night long looking for the sun, then suddenly it dawned on me......
mightybus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1973
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: CAT 1160 V-8 Diesel

Glad to see that we are getting the ball rolling.

Speaking of the ball, I was looking in the air and wondering why the ball was getting bigger...then it hit me.

Here is a story by dburt who is a member of this forum:

Years ago I worked at an small town new Ford/Mercury auto dealership where we tended to be practical jokers.

One day one of the owners called my wife and told her he was from the phone company and was calling to tell her that because of all the complaints from customers, they were going to try and clear up the occasional static noise on the lines by blowing the dust out of the phone lines. The phone company was warning all customers to put all thier phones in plastic bags and sealing them up with tape at 6pm that evening.

Well, she asked him what to do about the corless phones, should they be bagged and sealed also? He about lost it at this point, but he kept from laughing and told her to seal up the cordless phones as well.

He did not tell me he was doing this, and was hoping when I got home that I would ask why all the phones were in sealed bags. But the wife forgot to put the phones in the bags, so I knew nothing of this plot.

When I came to work the next morning, he kept asking me if I had noticed anything unusual the night before. When I was obviously puzzled, he finally 'fessed up and told me what happened.

So, wishing to milk this little prank even more, I went home and asked the wife why there was so much dust around all the phones? She was mortified, she said she had forgot to bag the phones the evening before and would now have to clean up the mess.

At this point I lost it, and began laughing and told her it was Keith from Summit Ford who had called her. Her incrediable reply? "You mean Keith work's part time for the phone company too?
Old 01-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 94
Coachwork: b/b
Chassis: tc2000
Engine: 5.9

i just want to know,,is she a blonde ????? or redhead.............
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 14

Na... couldn't be a redhead. If she was, she would have blessed him out. We reds have a fiery rep for good reason!
TygerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12v
Rated Cap: 78 Passenger

I should have video taped this...

My middle son, Sam, was really starting to talk. We enjoyed giving him words to try to repeat.

Me: "Say Door, Sam."
Sam: "Door!"
Barb (my wife): "Say Wall, Sam."
Sam: "Wall!"

This game went on and on. Then, my oldest son (probably 8 years old) came in and said "say Ow, Sam" and bonked him on the head.
Sam "Ow."

Note: It is really hard to correct your son's behavior when you are trying hard not to laugh hysterically.

"What's the matter Col Sanders? Chicken?" -Dark Helmet

lu·di·crous [loo-di-kruhs]
adjective
causing laughter because of absurdity; provoking or deserving derision; ridiculous; laughable

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11840
TheRainbowBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
Bus Crazy

If i just start to open my mouth to make a sound, my wife bonks me on the head....
Old 01-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chev49
If i just start to open my mouth to make a sound, my wife bonks me on the head....
That's not funny .........................that's marriage
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote