Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2021, 11:52 PM   #321
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Collins
Chassis: Bantam
Engine: International T444
Rated Cap: 16?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags View Post
HI ! Where did you get your short bus? Thanks
Auction time, usd 331 out of kingman kansas

ISAF2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 04:51 PM   #322

I’m a pretty seasoned automotive mechanical engineer. I’ve been involved in some truly incredible machinery- from jaguar luxo barges to sports cars, to Indian motorcycles, to Navistar trucks to Honda/Acura Indy race car engines. I’m involved in the design and development - making them last and produce lire power and efficiency. I’m also pretty hands on.
Marquis Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 02:55 PM   #323
Almost There

Year: 1965
Coachwork: Ford/Willock
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Doesn't have one
Rated Cap: 16 passenger
Smile What I do

Hi, I'm a hopeful author with 17 manuscripts lurking in my computer. A totally portable profession for bus or trailer life
yugogypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 10:42 AM   #324
Skoolie

Year: 2001
Chassis: Chevy Kodiak
Engine: 3126B CAT
Rated Cap: 27K
Currently, heavy off-road equipment mechanic & electromechanical, Cat/Volvo/J.Deere/Case/Liebherr/ Pettibone.

Previously, welder/fabricator, truck driver, farmer, fleet maintenance. Worked 12 years for Mack Trucks.
Tin Roadtube Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 08:16 PM   #325
Mini-Skoolie

I work remotely doing graphic design for a sports marketing company. It lets me travel full-time and take work with me. But I also have a business buying and selling real estate that I'm hoping to scale to the point where I can live off of it in the near future.
Beeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 04:40 AM   #326
Mini-Skoolie

Same here! I choose to work remotely, so I can travel wherever and whenever I want. Next year I'm planning to go to Chile in South America. I am starting to do my research, I already have a guide/itinerary https://gowithguide.com/chile/puerto-varas/guides however for my accommodation I am still choosing if https://www.airbnb.com/ or https://www.booking.com/ anyway I still have 2 months. PS. If anyone has a suggestion, it will be much appreciated.
Jamessmith0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 06:15 PM   #327
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Blue-Bird All American RE
Chassis: F204270
Engine: Cummins 8.3 ISC
Free lance Apple Computer consultant... Since 1998

Along with Composer/Actor/Voiceover artist.

Done too many things in my life...
Now skoolie converting has my attention.
jfmusic@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 11:41 PM   #328
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000, 40' MPV
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/B300 trans
Rated Cap: U/K
I was an outside electrical contractor for Whole Foods Market, 18 years. before that I was a commercial electrician, as well as around 15 years in various refineries. Recently the company was purchased by Jeff Bezos. There were a lot of change to operations right away and recently they narrowed the list of approved contractors. They never said a word to me about it, one of the store managers told me my name was missing from the list. I sent out a couple of well worded emails and to this day, nobody has returned emails or called me. So...I'm moving into my bus by the end of the year
Rwnielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 11:54 PM   #329
Bus Nut

Boy I can relate. Sorry to hear.
Old 10-27-2023, 06:18 AM   #330
Almost There

I am a Farmer and a Trucker.

99 Freightliner Blue bird 53 passenger 5.9 Cummins AT 545 4 speed Allison 3:73 gears
The lazy farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 01:13 PM   #331
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 29
Top Engineer and Subject Matter Expert at Microsoft supporting Linux and MacOS Products.

I'm a tech geek. Also a Famous Playstation 3 Hacker who broke the console security and put Linux back on the PS3's after Sony removed them. Legally of course. You can see a lot of my work open sourced at psdevwiki.com (Linux was an advertised feature on the PS3 and I don't tolerate it when corporations take features away from good people after people pay for them). Sony lost in court over it and here we are today, building buses lol.
nikitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 01:18 PM   #332
Bus Nut

OK, you are so far beyond my capabilities... thanks

Dyslexia does not play well with programming.
Old 10-27-2023, 06:02 PM   #333

what do I do. LOL What will you pay me to do? I have a wide variety of skills but no career nor proper lable. when left to my own devices I take sheep fleeces and turn them into garments. Or I make other things with other materials. Not always garment related. If I had to hang a lable on me, it'd be "maker of things." I make things because I can't buy them, or because I hope someone might buy them off me. Not that this actually happens. I'm hoping to pick up casual work to supplement my disability stipend which is insufficient for even groceries, much less housing and whatnot.
Joe_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 08:22 PM   #334
Bus Nut

That sucks... this country is so screwed up.
Old 11-06-2023, 08:17 PM   #335
Mini-Skoolie

Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9L 12v
Geez....start at the end and work my way back:

Rental Property Owner

Retired Dirt Work Company Owner

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic (27 years in Washington State)
VW mechanic, Red Cross CPR/First Aid Instructor (corporate), Private Ambulance Company Medic (Several - Portland, Sunnyside, Spokane, Vancouver), School Janitor, EMT Instructor, Volunteer Firefighter/EMT (Salem, OR),
Aircraft Maintenance Inspector (Tramco and then America West A&P, RII Level Inspection Including NDT) US Navy (8 years, plankowner VAQ-138 & VAQ-140) Tried OTR Truck Driving for 45 days...no thanks.

And Best Of All:

Dad
fj40dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 09:33 PM   #336
Bus Nut

Thanks. You can drop me a line.
Old 11-16-2023, 10:29 AM   #337
Mini-Skoolie

Year: '05
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: RE300
Engine: DT466 HT
Rated Cap: 69
My wife and I were full-time YouTubers 2018-this year. We formed a van & bus conversion company this year outside of Nashville and now do client builds in the shop we had built on our property. We still YouTube as well, but it's no longer our sole income or total priority.
nocoasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 10:39 AM   #338
Bus Nut

I am Hoping to follow in your footsteps; best of luck.
Old 02-07-2024, 11:12 AM   #339

I wonder whether it's weird to reply to posts 17 years old but well, I just read through the thread for the first time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyHPD
and flew helicopters for the next 20 years."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango
I love to fly...but I just don't trust any airplane that has wings that go round & round (Sorry Flyboy) I'll take a little Pitts S1A any day!
Both helicopters and biplanes sound fun! I'm currently working on getting my PPL for fixed wing SEL and would love to branch out into quite a few aircraft types... if I can find the time and money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy
I only like World of Warcraft. [...] discovered free private servers to play older versions instead. We thoroughly enjoyed creating content for developers to add for TurtleWoW.
Due to lack of income, free private servers are the only place I ever played WoW, when I was into that back in Wrath of the Lich King days. Thanks for contributing to the community! (Even though I wasn't ever on that particular server.)

For work, I've: washed dishes and cooked at a restaurant, driven 18-wheeler, held various positions at a custom cabinet manufacturer, packed and cooked meat, mooched (not proud of that one), worked in the back room and behind the counter at a thrift store, plumbed manufactured houses (stay away if you have the money to buy something else: our company built "to last a generation" = only 20 years, and to RV specs), been a cashier at Walmart, done general remodelling/construction (briefly). Currently, I'm driving truck again.
I've never found anything I've really enjoyed, though most of those had their benefits. I'm currently hoping to either find the money to convert a bus and either look outside my immediate area for work (online postings have never done much for me), or live in it while I get A&P schooling. We'll see.
onex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 09:27 AM   #340
Mini-Skoolie

Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9L 12v
I've never found anything I've really enjoyed, though most of those had their benefits. I'm currently hoping to either find the money to convert a bus and either look outside my immediate area for work (online postings have never done much for me), or live in it while I get A&P schooling. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

I spent 8 years in Naval aviation working on aircraft, got my Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI) in the Airframe Shop.
When I got out, I didn't have my A & P, but was hired as an inspector at a aircraft repair station in Everett, WA
I got my A & P within a year, and for the most part, enjoyed the work, but the pay was crap.
Got hired out of that place by America West Airlines as an inspector, and moved to Phoenix. Living in the desert where they built a city was not for me....and when AmWest filed for Ch11, I took the lay-off and never looked back at working on planes. (I went back to skool and got me my paramedic cert and joined the fire dept life....much better retirement and pay....and tremendous job satisfaction!)

But.....if you're wanting to work on aircraft and pursue your A & P at the same time, I'd recommend looking at getting hired on with a Part 145 Aircraft Repair Station and working under their repair cert to get some experience and possibly their even paying for your A&P cert!

Shop around though, some are better than others....well established and consistent work/partnerships with airlines.

Side note:
After what I saw and experienced (albeit several years ago)
I'd fly on UPS aircraft any day!
fj40dave is offline   Reply With Quote