Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2019, 09:13 AM   #1

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Starcraft shuttle bus
Chassis: Cabinetry/carpentry
Engine: E450 Super Duty 6L Turbo
Rated Cap: 14650
12V 300ah LIFEPO4 Lithium iron phosphate batteries for sale

Hello everyone, I am new to skoolie life and new to this website. I have two of the 12V 300 amp hour LIFEPO4 prismatic batteries for sale. When I first started my solar system I thought I wanted to go 12V and by the time I got to that stage of the build I change my mind and wanted 24V. Even though I had already purchased these very expensive batteries from Alibaba I knew I wanted 24V so I bought tesla battery modules and built my solar system with tesla batteries.

I’m pretty sure I will be in Clearwater Florida through the winter. I’m willing to drive an hour or two but no more than that until I head west. Not sure exactly when or where just yet.

I’ve posted these batteries on offer up, and there are lots of pictures and more details Here on the craigslist post:

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/for...962604795.html
Attached Thumbnails
816ED69C-3DF6-41BC-90A2-932D1DAA0FCD.jpg   ED4329AD-F626-4807-97C3-09FCC9D0354C.jpg   14A7CC77-AFB8-48EB-8A69-91EC5DE96231.jpg   1DAADACC-B89A-40F3-8391-7AFD7F2A2668.jpg  

Eli111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:42 PM   #2
Almost There

Why did you buy more batteries instead of wiring these in series?
Iqinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:13 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
In the Craigslist advertisement posted in the original post, he stated that he has three of these batteries and wanted to go to a 24V system. Two could be put in series, then one would be left over.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:59 AM   #4
Almost There

Doesn’t explain why he wants to take a loss on 3 batteries and buy another one (at 24v) instead of taking a loss on just one or buying a 4th.

I’m just saying, if you think it through, it doesn’t add up.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:32 AM   #5

I’m really not sure why this needs to turn into a discussion or a debate at all. I have two of these brand new, unused batteries for sale. They still have the original charge on them that came from the manufacturer. I’m selling them for much less than what you could buy them for from China, like I did.

I will give you a little more explanation if it helps satisfy your curiosity but please don’t let this turn into a giant discussion. Like native said, I could only use two batteries and one would be unused. It cost me $1400 to have A Freight Forwarder manage the shipment from China to here, because they are considered dangerous goods they could not go on a plane. It took a little over a month just to ship it to my house so just ordering one more battery was not a simple task.

The two 12V 300 amp hour batteries in series would give me 7.2 kW of energy. The tesla battery modules are 24 V modules and have 5.3 kW energy density. I can fit three of the tesla battery modules in the same amount of physicals space that two of the LIFEPO4 Batteries take up. So in short, I can get 15.9 kW in the same space as 7.2 kW And have a 24V system.

There was a whole learning curve and many more decisions that ultimately led me to making the decision to get 3 Tesla battery modules but I really would like it if I didn’t half to spend hours writing a small novel to explain how I got to this point. If you’re interested in the batteries or know someone who could really use these batteries and get them at a good price please let me know. Thank you for reading my post but I would be really grateful if we could stay on topic, if you have any questions at all about the lithium iron phosphate batteries that I have for sale please don’t hesitate to inquire, I’m more than glad to answer any questions about the batteries I have for sale

I apologize if I didn’t post this in the correct place but like I said in my first post, I am new to schoolie life and new to this website. I could be wrong but, It appeared that the only classified section on this website was for selling buses. I wish I had more time to speak more about my system I know it could possibly be helpful to others building there’s, and maybe in the future I can be more helpful but for now I really just want to find a good home for these excellent batteries. 🙂
Old 10-01-2019, 08:45 AM   #6

One more note, the lithium ion phosphate batteries are safer than tesla batteries. I am a little nervous with the tesla batteries and constantly monitor them because it only takes one over charge or over discharge to start a chain reaction fire that you can’t put out. If you over charge or over discharge the lithium iron phosphate batteries the most that can happen is they will swell up and smoke and that is if you directly short them out.

I wouldn’t recommend the tesla batteries unless you have a good understanding of your solar system and it’s capabilities. There’s a guy on YouTube called “Rich rebuilds” that posted a video of a tesla battery fire. He admitted he was stupid and charged the battery with no battery management whatsoever but it certainly is an eye-opener for anyone considering a tesla battery, which I own and love but still Find myself not being able to relax totally and put my guard down for one minute.

If you have any questions about the batteries I have for sale please don’t hesitate
Old 10-01-2019, 09:34 AM   #7
Almost There

It’s not meant as a discussion, more like “if it doesn’t sound right, run”

Don’t take it personally, but is sounds very odd to me at least.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:46 AM   #8

Your lack of understanding does not merit any accusations of mischief or wrongdoing.

Have a good day Mr. Iqinsanity

Tags
12v 300ah, lifepo4, lithium iron phosphate, prismatic, solar