Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2019, 07:17 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

2000 Bluebird Fuse Panel Access

The fuse panel is in the driver's side front wheel well. I can only see 4 rusted screws to take off and that may open the panel. Does anyone know how to open this fuse box?

Roscodude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:37 PM   #2
Almost There

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GM CV 6600 I think lol
Engine: 3126 A Caterpillar AT2400
Rated Cap: 54 ps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscodude77 View Post
The fuse panel is in the driver's side front wheel well. I can only see 4 rusted screws to take off and that may open the panel. Does anyone know how to open this fuse box?
Hey did u figure this out I need to remove the school bus related lights I want to replace with LED bar lights
lemmeskoolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:36 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Chassis: All American
Engine: 8.3 Cummins ISC
Rated Cap: 75
On those buses there's a latch inside the driver's area that opens the fuse panel. It's near the floor behind the driver's seat. You may have to break out the WD-40, it's a rather sticky latch.

Around 2011 or so Bluebird switched to an exterior latch.
WIbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:17 PM   #4
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIbluebird View Post
On those buses there's a latch inside the driver's area that opens the fuse panel. It's near the floor behind the driver's seat. You may have to break out the WD-40, it's a rather sticky latch.

Around 2011 or so Bluebird switched to an exterior latch.
Behind the driver's seat there nothing I have 2-6v battery and my inverter, I found a compartment next to the driver's seat but there was nothing there unless I have to remove a panel?? It looks at a veryyyyy slim gloves compartment 😆😆. I ran out of daylight maybe tmr I can take a pic and show u. There's also some solid casing fuse in the center of the dash but those don't look like ANC ones. In additional to removing the school bus lights, I suspect I have blown fuses as I have no tail lights and only the DS stop lights I have all other lights. This happened before and it was a bad relay, unfortunately the guy who fixed for me b4 changed his number, and I wasn't there when he fixed.😕.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:18 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Chassis: All American
Engine: 8.3 Cummins ISC
Rated Cap: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmeskoolu View Post
Behind the driver's seat there nothing I have 2-6v battery and my inverter, I found a compartment next to the driver's seat but there was nothing there unless I have to remove a panel?? It looks at a veryyyyy slim gloves compartment 😆😆. I ran out of daylight maybe tmr I can take a pic and show u. There's also some solid casing fuse in the center of the dash but those don't look like ANC ones. In additional to removing the school bus lights, I suspect I have blown fuses as I have no tail lights and only the DS stop lights I have all other lights. This happened before and it was a bad relay, unfortunately the guy who fixed for me b4 changed his number, and I wasn't there when he fixed.😕.
Could you update your profile to include bus body style? Can't really help you if it's a conventional, most of my experience is with the All Americans or the TC2000s.
WIbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:17 AM   #6
Almost There

Quote:
Could you update your profile to include bus body style? Can't really help you if it's a conventional, most of my experience is with the All Americans or the TC2000s.
I see that the terminal strips and hot bar are to the right of the driver's seat, I guess I can follow the wires they should lead to the fuse panel right??????

I downloaded some wiring schematic but was unable to open them, I'll look at that again tmr with fresh eyes.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:45 PM   #7
Almost There

Quote:
I found the fuse panel and fixed my issue of no tail lights, I dnt know how but during testing I guess I "unstuck" the relay or something, cuz after my intital testing I got frustrated and called my mechanic to come help me. So when he finally came over, his question to me for "Tee, what lights you talking about, you have all your lights!!! As he explained to me the repays can get stickers!!