Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #1

Year: 1963
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 300 inline 6
Rated Cap: 20
AC/DC power management - suggestions?

I have a 1963 Superior/Ford chassis 20 passenger bus that I am converting into an RV. So far I have 4-15 watt solar panels I intend to mount on the roof. I have 4 Optima Blue top deep cycle batteries in the battery bank plus one regular battery in the engine compartment. I have a 160 amp alternator and a appropriately sized battery isolator. I want to rely on 12 volt power as much as is possible, including an inverter to power some ac things like laptop, TV/DVD and microwave oven. I need help figuring out how to tie it all together with 30 amp shore power and also tie in a generator. Nothing is installed in the bus yet as I am currently installing a new engine and transmission. I have re-wired all the switches and lights, both interior and exterior, blowers, wipers, etc. I am considering using the Progressive Dynamics PD4045KV Mighty Mini AC DC Distribution Panel & Inteli-Power Converter with Charge Wizard. Any experience with this product?
Inteli-Power 4000 Series Power Centers - "Mighty Mini" The Compact All-in One System
AC/DC Distribution Panel and Inteli-Power Converter with Charge Wizard

Industry's Smallest 45 AMP All-In-One Distribution Panel/Converter System
Inteli-Power 4000 Series Mighty Mini models can recharge the battery to 90% in 2-3 hours using patented Charge Wizard technology. The built-in Charge Wizard automatically selects one of four operating modes: BOOST, NORMAL, STORAGE, or DESULFATION.

Boost Mode - 14.4 Volts - Rapidly brings RV battery up to 90% of full charge.
Normal Mode - 13.6 Volts - Safely completes the charge.
Storage Mode - 13.2 Volts - Maintains charge with minimal gassing or water loss.
Desulfation Mode - 14.4 Volts every 21 hours for a period of 15 minutes to prevent battery stratification.

Inteli-Power AC Features:
AC Distribution Panel rated for 120 VAC @ 30 AMPS.
Accepts up to 5 branch circuit breakers.
AC Panel features built-in push and lock strain relief wiring connectors for quick installation.
Saves over 50% on installation cost.
Covered by one or more of the following patents: 5,687,066 5,600,550 5,982,643 6,184,649 7,782,002
Note: 30 AMP main breaker and AC breakers are not included and shown for reference only.

Inteli-Power DC Features:
Converter/Charger section is accessible from the front.
Converter/Charger ratings of 45 AMP.
Reverse Polarity LED, an industry first, indicates blown fuses, a leading cause of perceived converter failure
No more guessing. Replace the fuses and the converter is immediately operational.
The 45 AMP Mighty Mini has twelve DC fuse positions
The Inteli-Power 4000 Series Mighty Mini is pre-wired for easy installation.
Housing Features:
Snap lock cover stays shut while traveling. Opens with a touch.
Attractive design with fine textured finish.
Special formulation plastic is very durable and engineered for use in higher temperature applications.
Other PD4000 Series Features:
Compact & lightweight
Reverse battery protection with easy to replace fuses
Electronic current limiting
Low line outage protection
Intelligent cooling fan
High voltage protection
Automatic thermal protection
Front access to large wiring compartment
Attached Thumbnails
PD4045KV.jpg  

uglybus is offline   Reply With Quote