Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2019, 08:36 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Corbeil
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Ford PowerStroke Diesel 6.0
Rated Cap: GVWR 11,500
Anyone have a resource for Vehicle Wiring Diagrams

So I'm in the process of deleting the Medusa's head of wiring from my bus and am trying to locate a wiring diagram for the cutaway van it's based on. I've obtained all of the schematics available from Collins/Corbeil, but I want to try to identify which wires from the van that the bus tied into. Does anyone have any good resources for service manuals, wiring diagrams, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-29-2019, 11:11 AM   #2
Bus Nut

I ended up getting a 72 Hour subscription to Ford Motorcraft's online manual system. It's a pretty good system - you input the VIN for the vehicle and it pulls up all the relevant info for the vehicle.

They make it annoying, but not impossible to pull the entire wiring diagram. The whole system is loaded as an SVG image. I ended up opening each page, printing it as a PDF and then combining each chapter, then all chapters into a full manual. It even had drawings and schematics for each of the connectors that could be used on the vehicle. I've got pretty much everything for $25.00 instead of the ridiculous amount they charge for manuals.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:33 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: New Flyer
Chassis: D45HF "Viking"
Engine: 11.1L Detroit Diesel S60
Rated Cap: 51,600
Very resourceful!
MarkyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:13 PM   #4
Skoolie

I know you got what you need. But if you need something else, your local library may have a subscription to a manual service. Here in Michigan , for example, the Michigan Electronic library, that all residents can use for free, has a subscription to AutoMate. They used to use Chiltons service, but recently switched to AutoMate. Both systems use factory service manuals for their information. I've used it many, many times.
ennonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:44 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennonne View Post
I know you got what you need. But if you need something else, your local library may have a subscription to a manual service. Here in Michigan , for example, the Michigan Electronic library, that all residents can use for free, has a subscription to AutoMate. They used to use Chiltons service, but recently switched to AutoMate. Both systems use factory service manuals for their information. I've used it many, many times.
Thank you very much! I did actually look into my library to see if they belonged to any programs like that, but didn't have any luck. They stocked a bunch of Chilton and Haynes manuals, but nothing covering my vehicle.