Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2017, 07:58 PM   #1

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 2000
Engine: 5.9 L Cummins Turbo
Rated Cap: 28
child check and bus not starting

Hoping someone else with a bluebird can help me. I have read all there is on this subject here but still don't understand what the wires do so I can think out how to fix this. Bus cranks, but will not start since my child minder/door alarms were disconnected partially when I removed the edge metal pieces between windows and ceilings. Currently they are not ground (could temporarily rig it back as no wires cut) but I thought I could just remove the wires. The wire going to the child check lock is pink and I traced that and disconnect it from the starter relay and from the panel, didn't help. There is also an orange wire that I presumed has to do with the door alarms which I unplugged at the electrical box and a red wire with a black line which I have yet to trace. There was a ground to the frame at each lock, so assume none of these 3 wires is a ground? Do wires have to be redirected as I saw on a youtube video, or is it just a matter of completely removing the wires? I thought only the pink wire was important, as it goes to the starter relay and the child check lock, but removing it doesn't fix the problem. I think red one might supply juice for the child minder and door alarms? If so, does it complete the loop via the pink wire to the starter? Attached a wiring picture for what it is worth. No diagram available for my bus. Really just looking to grasp the situation of how the wires interconnect/work so I can understand better how to figure this out. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN2709.jpg  

druidwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:40 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
There should be a wiring diagram on the inside of the door on the electrical box in the pic.

If there's not a diagram, what you're doing is trying to disconnect the iterlock system. There are several youtube videos demonstrating how to disconnect the interlock on a bus. They describe which wires to move or disconnect, what colors and so on.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:20 PM   #3

Ha I figured it out. So pink is sensor feedback, orange is alarm and red is power. So disconnected red from first solanoid (right term?), orange and pink already disconnected and viola no alarms and bus started. Hopefully this helps another bluebird owner because it was very simple really. I now know a little about electrical stuff.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:28 PM   #4
Bus Geek

There are interlock issues nearly every week, so yes it helps. Yours was the second this week.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:21 PM   #5

All buses different

Hard because other threads and YouTube videos gave different solution. Guess each bus is different and my solution was much easier it ends up. Hadn't meant to pull it all out yet but it became part of stripping out the ceiling.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:43 PM   #6
Bus Geek

It would have also become a concern while removing the panels on the back wall.

Much better than my method of pounding the buzzer with a hammer. That was on my first bus before I ever heard the word "interlock."

Tags
child check, door alarms, starter, wiring