Old 09-06-2018, 11:06 AM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: Dreaded 3126 - 545
Thinking outside the box here but does it have a switch in the rear compartment to allow starting from the rear? And will it be possible to drive in that condition. I do not have a rear engine bus but you might possibly check that.

Dan
ShagNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:53 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
Good luck and keep us updated on your bus project.
Nice to see another Hunter fan on the forum!
Old 09-06-2018, 02:14 PM   #13
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX
Engine: Cat C7
Rated Cap: 84 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty View Post
Thinking outside the box here but does it have a switch in the rear compartment to allow starting from the rear? And will it be possible to drive in that condition. I do not have a rear engine bus but you might possibly check that.

Dan
Yes, Virginia, we do have a rear start button. The ignition switch has to be in the ON position for this button to work. But, it DOES come in handy when you have to use ether.
CaptSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 02:24 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Sounds like a dead pedal. Had an 03 IC bus that the pedal was going bad in it and if you just took the engine off idle it would quit working and you had to restart the bus to get it back. only did it on occasion but not a good thing to have the throttle die randomly on a school bus. Put a new pedal in and it fixed the problem for a few months then it started doing it again. Went over all connections, wiring, ecm, ect and didn't fix it. Ended up replacing the 6 month old pedal with a new one again and still working after two years. Hopefully the pedal will get you going again.
84chevyguyid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:51 PM   #15
Bus Nut

I don't mean to be that guy, but my diesel won't get above idle when it's close to being out of fuel. It lets me know I'd better do something fast. Sorry. Just saying
Dead pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #16
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Good luck and keep us updated on your bus project.

Nice to see another Hunter fan on the forum!

Thanks! I timed my bus pick up in VA 2 weeks ago so that I could be at Lockn festival for two nights. The guys are still on the long strange trip.IMG_0882.jpg

“Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.” -Robert Hunter
Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:33 PM   #17
Mini-Skoolie

I ordered a new tps from eBay. It just got delivered today, and it works! Thanks for the help. I’m lucky this didn’t happen on my 1000 mile trip a week before. It was just parked in the street down from my house. Thanks for all the help.

I am in need of two tensioner pulleys. One is spring loaded. It is bouncing. I think that means the spring is ok, but the wheel has bad bearings. The other is a fixed wheel tensioner for the AC belt.
B3C11E1B-8A63-4B3A-BF63-6F6DF8813C3A-10153-000007E4D2D3BDE9.jpeg
You cant see the spring pulley in the picture, but the AC pulley and belt are in the picture taken before it broke off. Belt of course gone too.

Question is, where do you guys go for these parts? I called my local dealer about the tps, and didn’t get a call back. I ordered a tps from a company I thought was in Miami, only to find out I was dealing with ppl in India. They emailed me in the middle of the night, didn’t answer in the daytime, etc. I freaked out and cancelled my credit card. Seems bus parts are way different than running down to Orielly’s.

Where do Y’all go for pulleys etc.?
Thx, Dave

“Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.” -Robert Hunter
Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:01 PM   #18
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
the A/C... it wil be aftermarket.. carrier, trans/AIR, etc.. and the bracket kit likely came from Red Dot or Bracketry Systems.. if you can find out who put the A/C in theh you have a good chance at getting a new pulley easily.. make sure that you didnt spin a bearing on a compressor or lock one up.. most often when you toss an A/C belt its because one of the compressors went bad.. you shou;d be able to rotate the outer pulley easily and the inner hub will rotate separately and usually stiff but turnable.. if wither arent as they should be then you need a compressor and maybe not an idler..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote